As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

I remember an interview - and I'm 99% sure it was Marj Dusay...in SOD or another magazine years and years ago - maybe when she was on Guiding Light, and they asked her about Capitol and what it was like in the final days, and how sad it must have been.  I remember she said -- well, remember it was taped 2 or 3 months before like every show.  So our final days were actually very 'up' and positive...we felt strongly that we were giving it our all and that the performances we were turning in would mean something.  We were on an upswing and catching fire and filmed Promotional videos for the show for new commercials and (I think) she said new opening credits.  Because we really felt that ABC or NBC would pick us up.  I really wish it had happened because honestly, I think Capitol would have fit better on NBC or my better bet - ABC.  My sisters were firm, 100% ABC fans in my house, while my Mother and I were CBS.  Because one day ABC wasn't on - I don't remember why - but CBS was on.  Over a holiday or some special programming ABC did.  Well, my sisters checked in on Capitol after that.  They liked it.  I was the youngest, but thereafter they would check in on Capitol only.  Only when we got older did they start watching Guiding Light with me and loved it.  For whatever reason, demographically - I know ABC people that would check in on Capitol.  

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A member in one of my soap opera Facebook groups. Has an episode from 1973 in their private collection. Here are the screen shots. Which are not in great quality. @DRW50@slick jones@DramatistDreamer@Tonksadora @Forever8@MarlandFan@soapfan770@TVFAN1144@robbwolff@Joseph@NothinButAttitude@Paul Raven@Mitch64@danfling@dragonflies@lilyredd@j swift@Broderick@Markjeh@bboy875@Brolden@Michael@Faulkner@Wendy@Neil Johnson@Khan@Vee @reallyhateskateonlost@Liberty City@Soaplover@jam6242@Limenade@John@Franko@RavenWhitney@AbcNbc247@Xanthe@vetsoapfan

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Thanks so much for this.

So I assume that is Carol Ann talking to David and Ellen. Talk about SORAS. She is only about 6 in real time.

Wonder when the created by Irna credit was dropped?

And Don Hastings gets top billing over Helen and Don. And Eileen has yet to have the  'and Eileen Fulton as Lisa' billing.

This is post 73 strike when Irna did not return.Only Wally Mathews remains I think from Irna's last reign.(and of course Kim)

Was Kim mentioned by Jennifer before she arrived? Or was she suddenly talked about a few weeks before her debut.

Edited by Paul Raven