Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm so Hoping You're Right and that We'll all be able to watch those soon, like that secret storm one, My I would Go to The Moon if i FINALLY got to see Marla Adams as Belle

He IS Selling Now, But like @Frenchfan I'm ruled out 'cause i Live Outside the States too

• Members

There was some initial tension with John and James in James' first return, but afterward I think John was kept so separate from most of the big crime and mystery stories so he had less reason to be involved with James. 

I do think they could have still done something there, and I think it would have taken a  bit of the bile off just how sour some of James' appearances by that last year feel, but that just isn't who Marland seemed to think John was, for better or worse.

I remember when he came back in 1997 and had scenes terrorizing her in the mental institution. Awful stuff. By that time Ellen Dolan had lost most of what made her work in the role, and honestly even if Margaret Colin or HSB had been in those scenes they still would have sucked. 

• Members

He's been selling for many years, as long as I've been aware of his presence on the internet.

Eager soap fans must always remember to use caution when sending money to sellers unless those sellers have been vetted by reputable sources (i.e. friends or other SON members). The high number of "traders" and "sellers" who ripped me off over the years made me  stop dealing with strangers completely.

• Members

One of myriad reasons why I am adamantly opposed to the selling of these videos.
As an artist, I think it’s unethical (sorry y’all) to profit off of someone else’s creative work. Recording someone else’s creative and intellectual property does not (or at least it should not) permit another person who was not directly involved in the creation of that work to profit from it. P&G, I know doesn’t care but they have been completely derelict in their duty to safeguard and manage their intellectual property. That goes for the ridiculous character and couples edits that folks have been putting on the seller’s market for years.

Now mind you, I don’t see a problem with YouTube channels streaming episodes, especially seeing that most won’t profit from this (perhaps only if they try to participate in revenue sharing from ads, which I don’t think they are allowed to do as they are not the creators of the original source material). I appreciate that many will put a disclaimer stating that they do not profit from posting these video uploads— that is a display of ethics. My one quibble is the very poor visual quality of most of these videos that are uploaded (my eyes my eyes!)

P&G could put a stop to this by hiring a small team of interns (maybe from a film preservation program at a local college/university) to start a PGP/PGN YouTube channel and dumping, er uploading, a bunch of their episodes there. The quality is probably as good as, if not better than what it already out there on the platform, it likely couldn’t be any worse. 10 years ago when SoapClassics digitized episodes and issued box sets, the process required a lot more work and effort. Today the tools are better and faster, easier to use and far more accessible and far less costly. And unless P&G wanted to sell streams or subscriptions to streaming they’d have to digitize for acceptable quality, otherwise, they could upload “as is” similar to what the B&B YouTube channel is doing.

• Members

With all the recent never-before-seen episodes popping up on Youtube, I'm working hard to download these episodes and store local copies in case something happens to the online versions. Interestingly enough, one episode doesn't seem to be working. I can't seem to get the December 10, 1990 episode downloaded, my theory is it's because the URL contains two dash symbols, which is unusual. Has anyone else tried to download the episode and run into the same issue? Does someone know a workaround?

• Members

Who is that couple that Lisa is shading when they come into the ML? I love her "Ill give you a benefit of a doubt as THIS time you are with a single man and not a married one," ..I can't believe Susan, who was there to see some of Lisa's hey day did not through up HER past (not polite I know...) Im sure Fulton missed out on playing those scenes..they don't ring that well with Powell, though she is looking great.  And Lisa seems to not worry about being sued for denying service to people she doesnt like much..(if only Lucinda and John came in to make her night.)

Oh boy, the gang getting together for Lyla's boring ass act..(I love how the younger people are into it).Lyla and Chelsea Reardon were neck and neck on who to FF when they had a microphone in front of them.."Hi, Im Tom Hughes and I used to be sexy as hell but now am a dour bore"  There is unsexy Lily getting all the hot muscle ass by the pond...I remember thinking ATWT was so stupid and boring at the time...of if only I knew what was to come I would have enjoyed Marland more. 

• Members

I'm the guy who has been posting the 90/91 episodes.  Like you, I have also been downloading episodes over the years just in case some (or all) ATWT episodes are taken down.  Sorry about the Dec 10, 1990 episode - I have no idea why it is not downloading.  I also just tried to download it using this website (https://yt5s.com/en112/youtube-to-mp4) but I got a 302 error.  Maybe if I re-upload it, you'll be able to access it?  I'll do that over the next day or two.

Edited by MarlandFan
typo