Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Sorry to hear about Jessica Klein. Her brief 1997 co-headwriting run was not well-received, but given that no other headwriters at that point were any better received, I'm not sure how much is on her. Her work on ATWT in 84-85 is very underrated, and Marland and Calhoun could not have turned the show around without the efforts Klein, Bedsow Horgan, etc. made, especially in cleaning up how grim and unpleasant the show can feel in the early '80s. 

• Members

I take it this is the early days of Linc Lafferty, who, once again, a new twenty-something male, falls for Lily. Meanwhile, this episode includes the end of Gail's palimony suit, in which Tonio gave evidence for Sean's defense. I cackled when Gail told Tonio that he was lousy in bed, and he proceeded to cut her off. I take this isn't long after Casey's death due to them mentioning the case involving Margo and Casey's parents while Lyla is still grieving. I also enjoyed Cal and Julie's picnic, although it comes out that Linc and Julie share a past in Seattle. He really seemed pissed that she had another kid with her first husband.

Please register in order to view this content

Nonetheless, I didn't care about Duncan and Shannon finding the body of some woman. I'm sure this is another attempt at a Gothic mystery between the couple. I forgot to mention we got a temp Lisa recast with Jane Powell. And a bearded Mark Pinter returns as Brian McColl, who shares scenes with his ex-love and real-life wife at the time. At first, I didn't recognize Lien due to her being dressed a tad more glamorous than usual, as she was elated to see Duke home from Seattle. 

I know 1990 was said to be an odd year for longtime viewers, but at this point, it seemed things were getting better in the long run. (I was two months old when this episode aired.) 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Thanks @DRW50I haven’t been able to watch any episodes of vintage daytime dramas lately but hopefully I can make some time to watch this, as it appears to be from 1986, which for me, was a top tier year for ATWT.

That looks like Jess Walton in the screen grab! Even as a young child, I had great sympathy for Kelly. Her transition from that character to bodacious Jill Foster Abbott just exemplifies just how good Walton is.

• Members

The As The World Turns episode is from the week of January 19-23 1987. The Dallas preview before the ATWT closing credits gives it away.

Btw thanks for the non tag.

Please register in order to view this content

Don't try to apologize either.

Edited by Soapsuds