Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I was watching some early '80's episodes. In it, Mike has a flashback of a fight on a ski tram. What is that about? 

Other notes---I'd forgotten that they developed a relationship between Vanessa and Quint. It's not overly warm, but it's not entirely antagonistic either.

Vanessa's hat game is fierce. It's very Dynasty-inspired.

• Members

Some cast infos about 1965-1966 @slick jones @Paul Raven

ARRIVALS

05/12/1965 – Fran Myers (Peggy Scott)

06/02/1965 – Bernard Kates (Ben Scott)

11/16/1965 – Robert Gentry (Dr. Ed Bauer)

01/11/1966 – Billy Dee Williams (Dr. Jim Frazier)

03/16/1966 – Lynne Adams (Leslie Jackson)

04/21/1966 – Stephen Schnabel (Dr. Stephen Jackson)

05/16/1966 – Ben Hayes (Dr. Joe Werner)

07/28/1966 – Cicely Tyson (Martha Frazier)

DEPARTURES

03/31/1965 – Sandra Smith (Julie Conrad Bauer)

10/15/1965 - Marc O’Daniels (Jason Weber)

11/11/1965 – Gary Pilar (Mike Bauer)

12/24/1965 – Ernest Graves (Alex Bowden)

06/13/1966 – Barnard Hughes (Bruce Banning)

06/16/1966 – Ellen Demming (Meta Bauer Banning)

• Members

It's weird what you think you "remember" vs what actually happened. I could've sworn that Vanessa backed over Reva in the summer, that she was alone behind the wheel and that Reva was practically about to give birth. Instead, Reva barely seems pregnant, it's in the middle of winter (on a set that looks like it cornered the market on fake snow that year) and it's actually Billy in the driver's seat fighting with Vanessa as the car shifts into reverse.

• Members

Great to see a former GL cast member on the cover of TV Guide. Giancarlo Esposito played Clay Tynan for about 6 months from the end of 1982 until May of 1983. He didn’t have a huge storyline. I do remember him though. He must have been part of the Gail Kobe purge to bring in Texas people. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

A 1960 episode! I know there are a few kinescopes around I've seen from the early '60s or very late '50s that aren't up but I THINK this one might be entirely new (to me anyway)? Sorry for anyone I forget.

@Paul Raven @vetsoapfan @slick jones @jam6242 @FrenchFan @robbwolff @BetterForgotten @Khan @Bright Eyes @soapfan770 @Soapsuds @Forever8 @TEdgeofNight @teplin @Vee @P.J. @DramatistDreamer @Contessa Donatella  @NothinButAttitude @j swift @MichaelGL @Mitch64 @Reverend Ruthledge @VelekaCarruthers @Sapounopera @DeliaIrisFan @Chris B @chrisml @GL Oldtimer @te. @All My Shadows @BoldRestless

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Thanks @DRW50! I quite enjoyed that but have so many questions.

Did Bruce not like Ed and Bert? Or was his venom towards Mike? He kinds of scowled towards their arrival. 

Much like I said in the ATWT thread, it is so weird to see Bert be a pistol and a nag. From episodes I've seen of her in the late 70s and early 80s, she mellowed out so much. 

Also, I heard the judge state the setting the show was in LA. Did Selby Flats come before or after? I am always curious how older fans felt about the constant changes of settings on GL. In other words, was it well-received. 

I noticed this too when watching a lot of old CBS soaps--they used to promote the h3ll out of ATWT at end of each episode. I guess b/c the show was their crown jewel at the time.