Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members
Posted (edited)

It ended on September 17th, 1999 in germany with episode 3278 (US Airdate April 30,1992).

yeah it was 7 1/2 years delay

Please register in order to view this content

i heard a rumor a long time ago, that there have been about 300-400 more episode already dubbed…..but never shown in germany

This could be, because RTL cancelled it very surprisingly and GL had very good ratings. B&B had too, and RTL cancelled it too, they dont wanted to show US-Soaps anymore.

Edited by rsclassicfanforever

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@FrenchFan thank you for supplying those 1962 eps. This clears up something else that was puzzling me. I was mistakenly proclaiming that Robin never married Alex Bowden, based on the fact that Robin was involved with Mike and Karl in 1959 and would go onto marry Mike. And then by 1964 was married to Paul.

So she squeezed in a marriage to Alex along the way. In the 64/65 scripts, Alex and Robin have little to do with one another so I assume the marriage was short lived and didn't end well.

• Members

From what I gather, Mike and Robin’s marriage turned short lived as Mike felt guilty about Karl’s death but Robin showed little compassion. Bert didn’t like Robin’s antics and encouraged older gallery owner Alex Bowden’s interest in Robin. Mike and Robin got an annulment and Robin married Alex. She felt very insecure about Alex’s 1st wife, Doris’, presence. The insecurities were fulled by Anne as we can see in the summaries. Robin and Alex would divorce during Paul’s trial for murdering his wife ans Robin would get closer to Paul. 

• Members

I guess I'll see... haha... What I've seen from clips I've loved... but I'll judge it when I watch entirely. What I like at this 1982 point is how realistic and deep everything is. I hope this continues. 

From all the classic soaps I've tried to start watching... GL 1982 has been the most interesting and most addictive... I just find GL to be like a great novel. It has this different energy from most other soaps.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Tbf i started GL with 1983 episodes and it hooked me straight away. I think what really hooked me was the picture with the mysterious women that looked like Annabelle! Tony Reardon + Annabelle‘s story involved all family’s of the show and I was so excited. Eli Simms that came after them was pretty dope

Nola and Quinton were so hilarious

and we had the introduction of Billy Lewis and Mindy and they were such great asset to the show for me. Billy and Vanessa‘s Lovestory and bickering was great.

We had Philip-Mindy-Beth-Rick‘s younger crowd with a high profile story and Bradley Raines. That was definitely an a-class story

Why did u hate the changes?

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

The change shocked me.  I cared for the previous characters and loved the show's style during the Allen Potter years I got to watch. 
GL didn't need an identity change. Perhaps a soap in trouble like SEARCH FOR TOMORROW or perhaps ANOTHER WORLD would have benefited more from the Long-Cobe regime.