• Those were the rumors/claims, and yes they were all very stupid.
    • Wsasnt Karen gonna be married to Herb Callison & that Aubrey would have been revealed to be Katrina Karr's daughter, the one Karen switched with Jenny's dead baby  
    • we already have the two dullest characters together: Mariah and Tessa LMAO A time jump would have been a great idea! They should have done that
    • This story had its moments as part of maturing Paul's character and turning him into a hero. I can say that I like the moments we've seen, especially the fight scene which was was very well choreographed, and the scene where Paul slips the rosary into Mary's hands at the hospital. There's also some stuff in the recaps that sounds good, like Carl having to humble himself to take John's offer to do security at Jabot and Jack telling him he's just the help! On the other hand, I can see this storyline getting boring day to day. I can hardly keep track of all the characters in the recaps and it's all "Paul is about to make progress on the case, but something happens, and Paul is on the verge of being killed! But then he's fine, and about to make a big break in the case..."  The story kind of drags in the full episodes I've seen, so I don't mind getting this digest version of it in the clips. A lot of umbrellas pop off in this story like Patty fighting with Jack about her wanting to have a child and moving out of the Abbot house, Amy Lewis coming to town when her father gets shot, and even Angela Laurence gets involved in this sphere with the attempted rape, though it doesn't seem to have gone anywhere.   What I think differentiates this from the other soaps is there's a lot of psychology/emotion played in the scenes. There was this one scene I read about  where Danny takes Patty to Paul's seedy motel room, she begs him to come home, he is cold towards her and she's crying, and then he says "don't come back here, it's too dangerous" which makes Patty realize that he does still care, and she embraces him, and it takes everything for him not to show his emotions in the moment and tell him he loves her. That's classic Y&R, I can just picture it.     Being that Nikki had an abusive alcoholic father, I feel that this fits her character very well.

Discuss The Soaps: Archive (2015 - 2017)

Sign in to follow this  

656 topics in this forum

• 78 replies
    • 264 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 21 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 31 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 39 replies