B&B - May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

How could anyone NOT notice Nicole's wig??? It was practically sliding off, clinging to her head as it was trying to swallow it up. RE is so beautiful, but she had scenes that day with Jacqui, so there's that....

Please register in order to view this content

Oh and can we seriously howl about the random drink between CJ/Zende FORRESTER - notice no 'BUT I'M A DOMINGUEZ because my mother doesn't count!' by Zende. So CJ needs a designer and cash to keep it afloat? All hail Kristen to the rescue - because they mentioned her for first time since Feb! I got the sense CJ wanted to sell since he's being summoned by $B's every time he's on. And if cash is an issue, wouldn't the very rich, cabana-boy funding Sally1 offer it to her family to keep it alive and get Sally2 a flashy LA lawyer?   

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No kidding. An LA murder story - fashion, drugs, sex, secrets, etc. Go figure. Instead, it's easier to write for two 15 y.o. who are destined for each other after 4 weeks. We already have Justin and Carter are the legal eagles defending the Spencers/Forresters, so why not create real intrigue and crimes? It's not that hard to write - soap were built on law/order and hospitals - it's odd that B&B has been a terrible failure on both fronts (believe me I'm glad hospitals are gone), but wouldn't a murder at a glam fashion show or like Brooke/Oliver's sex party have potential for good stuff?

• Members

Um, what about Sheila? She did a lot of criminal stuff during her stints on the show, including killing two people. She pushed Dr. Jay Garvin off his balcony to his death, and killed a guy (can't remember his name) with bees. She also kidnapped James Warwick, tried to drown Lauren Fenmore, poisoned Stephanie, tampered with Bridget's paternity test and shot Stephanie, Taylor and Brooke.

They also had a murder story when Anthony Armando killed Ivana and framed Thorne for it. I think that was around 1994-95.

• Members

Sheila did criminal stuff, but it was no mystery - and her last appearance was 14 years ago and that stint was clearly cut short. And one murder story 20+ years ago with two minor characters reaffirms my point. Compared to the other soaps, there is zero attempt at mystery or intrigue. LA is the perfect setting or even with the international remotes! Brad does triangles and weddings, drop a pivotal plot point that then get rehashed for weeks. The show could do so much more. I'm not suggesting it do this all the time - it's just odd.

• Members

I have the same sentiments, @edgeofnik. You think with B&B taking place in the city of scandals that this show would take full advantage and go all out. It's mind boggling how cheesy (as I said earlier) this show is compared to the other 3 soaps. Los Angeles itself is a character itself. Plus, this show is one of the few shows that has a budget to do stories like this correctly. 

I'm just over this show doing the same, stale destined lovers stories. Especially, when the line "I love you" is tossed around loosely and people change beds and opinions on this show so quickly. 

At this point too, It'd be refreshing to see the show steer away from the fashion house. I wouldn't actually mind having characters in law enforcement or healthcare field. 

• Members

^

All the younger characters should be sleeping and screwing around like average young adults do. None of them should be uttering the words marriage anytime soon. 

And Bridgette is one of the few characters that needs to return permanently. Caroline, Sasha, Thorne, Amber, Hope, Deacon, Lil Eric, and Jack are some others too. 

At this point, I'd be all for B&B actually expanding the canvas a bit and adding some new flesh and blood too. I'm saying this b/c I am growing sick of the players on the show now and their repetitive stories. 

• Members

If the judge goes and drops the charges based off of Thomas speaking up for Sally, the that will make no sense. How does his word carry more weight than the CEOs of FC pressing charges? That kiss at the end and that music was done so sloppily

I laughed when the judge discredited Saul bc he was a paid employee of Spectra and Shirley went "hardly ever. We didnt give him much of anything"

Archived