Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not necessarily.

Paul at the GCPD is plagued by the same problems as Abby working at Newman.

They're the only ones in their respective orbits so their stories fail before they even get started.

It's no coincidence Abby's stint as CEO only became somewhat interesting once she began interacting with Victoria. The same could be done with Paul (him not being involved with Scotty is a huge missed opportunity) but since he's not an Abbott or Newman he gets nothing.

• Members

There's no reason Ravi and Traci can't both be there for Ashley. Beth Maitland should be heavily recurring as opposed to Gloria. Gloria's story has obviously been dropped in favor of Jack-Nikki-Victor (with a dash of Phyllis thrown in).   Ravi's friendship/relationship with Ashley has only helped make her more "accessible" and less aloof.

Let's face it, Ashley has come off cold in recent years, but she used to at least let her hair down and laugh. The friendship has been serving it's purpose. I'm hoping his role grows in the story. 

• Members

The transition from a P.I. to the Chief of Police?  Come on, that was clunky as hell! Even for a soap, the logic is missing. This was the first big problem for everything going forward.

Abby is a Newman and with little formal schooling, we've seen people like Nick ascend the ranks, so it's not as if it hasn't happened before as silly as it seems.

Even if there were a full force behind Paul, I'd still be questioning how he got the position and not some rank and file cop who has paid his dues and moved up the chain.  This would never make sense to me and nothing that Paul has done as Chief was made better than Paul as a P.I.  JMO, but it's been worse because he's been limited. As a P.I. Paul could work solo without an entire force behind him.  It would've made more sense, been more practical.

• Members

That dinner scene with the Abbotts was very well acted, and written. There was just enough awkwardness, and no overacting. I hope they don't kill off Dina, because she is excellent. Also, loved the shoutout to Mamie and calling her more than a housekeeper. Good bit of writing.

I'm enjoying Hillary and Lily. I would like to see them become friends after Cane is exposed. 

I'm also liking Cane playing the villain. Juliet is also a good character, I hope they keep her.

Last of all, I have to admit that last scene with Chloe was pretty haunting and sad. They wrapped up that story quite nicely (not the outcome, but doing without the over the top antics like with Dillon).

Edit: Forgot to mention, that Julie Chen segment was CRINGE in the past.

I agree with you.

However, I think they should cut EH. EH was really good in the latest arc, but I'm tired of writers keeping actors/characters past there expiration date just because there good. Same thing happened with Greg Rikaart and it became outlandish the hoops they did to keep him on. I think we should just acknowledge how great EH was and let her go out with a magnificent final performance IMO

Archived