DAYS: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't watched Days in a couple of months. Sonny looks like a mob grease ball. Deimos's reign of terror is a convoluted hot mess. A once strong & fierce Nicole has been reduced to a shell of her former self. Xander has Eric in a cage. I don't see Ron being Days savior but his stuff has to be better than this.

• Members

Oh dear regarding Tuesday's episodes:

I think Vivienne Giovanni left some of her special acting apple sauce for Sal Stowers because those airplane interrogation scenes were da bomb, or at least on par with Vivienne's recent scenes (or any scene for the last painful 18 months). And I mean a bomb.  Her spot on acting?abilities combined with the hysterical day player, faking every accent and all at once (impressive skill!), coming on the heals of a stellar scene with Freddy/Eddie Munster Smith/Kiriakas in powerfully bowl moving scenes as his character makes a fundamental shift to the dark side with SuperPaul looking on all swarthy and clueless.  And i'm only 10 minutes in.

On the plus side, I have to say John Black's single tear trickle in that early Brady scene was very sweet.  

Arianne Z looks more pained that when she had to be near Trump and smile all those years ago  This latest "on the run" material is Dena at her most cracked.

Not sure I can get through the rest.  

• Members

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it the producers/showrunners told him to shape up or ship out, especially as his "90 day cure" seems to have coincided with Ron taking over...

• Members

Actors who look too thin and are only valued based on damaging standards are definitely a Ron hallmark. I guess we will also be getting various characters calling him a fat-ass just in case he ever does slip up...

• Members

I used to blame people like Ron and JFP for this, but look how brutal the audience is.  Just one look at twitter and the boards and you see all the ugly things people say when these actors are just a hair overweight.  Then when you have an actor/actress who is truly overweight it's unrelenting in certain quarters. Hell, even pregnant women don't get a pass. Jennifer Gareis for example.

• Members

I agree, but I still blame them. No fan causes a writer to repeatedly write lines about how fat someone is. 

I do agree that fan pressure likely causes actors to have these anxieties though. I just think the people running the shows often make it even worse.

Archived