Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So true.  I so dig Diva Dina.  :-)

The pacing is still so off.  The same stories featured practically everyday this week.  Ugh.  It's hard to tell what the A/B/C stories are when they are presented so randomly week after week.  Oh, correction.. Hilary seems to be a B story these days

Please register in order to view this content

I enjoyed the flashbacks and I really liked ED's hair style in those scenes. 

I just can't buy The Great Philly Love Story.  Yes, JT/GT have chemistry but it doesn't mean they have to write them as some kind of The Purest Love That Ever Existed.  It makes me want to hurl.  Just write them as two people that enjoy fuckin one another.  I can't sit through listening them proclaim their love for each other every damn day. 

• Members

I had to come home yesterday and today around Y&R time to check on my pup so I caught most of episodes:

1) yesterday was really the 1st time Dina was mentioned even though it's been out for weeks that she's coming back? And they spent every convo trashing her? Victor/Abby talking about Dina like they were strangers. Ash/Dina flashbacks and Ash with 'you got that right' response A++

2) Dina doesn't know that Devon is her closest friend's grandson? Please. 

3) JC is so much more effective when she turns it down 10 notches. Even though Jorm is inconceivable, those scenes were better than I would've imagined.

4) Love Philly but thumbs down on Phyllis being insecure about Billy of any man

5) Marla Adams always been a class act. If only they could get her back and be the matriarch of Abbotts and GC's grand dame. 

6) Is Vane next?

Still don't have that tune in tomorrow feel at all, but it was watchable. 

• Members

I don't really love seeing Phyllis insecure over a man either, but it's par for the course. I can't think of a single relationship where she's come off as stable and secure.  With Jack she was worrying over Diane and with Nick she was obsessed with worry over Sharon (with good reason).

I hope Devon and Neil win the fight for Dina's company. That's all I got.

• Members

you're wishing death on a person over a role they play on a tv show? really?

I just had a very brief twitter convo with one of the actors on the show....and this person is NOT happy with the writing for their character. I won't say who....but time is NOW getting to the point that SSM needs either help fixing certains stories of the show, or down the line....changes may need to be made. still enjoying certain aspects, but others....like Billy and Phyllis....are really not my cup of tea right now. 

• Members

Victoria being upset about Billy lying to her is a joke. The writing is horrible for Victoria. She is a hypocrite and shouldn't be throwing any kind of hissy fit at Billy. She has been a total bitch to him.

That could be anyone on the canvas because all the stories stink. I am going to guess its Daniel Goddard. His character is being written like a female little bitch.....

Archived