Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Exactly, Devon and Hilary will get back together. Mariah and Jordan are distractions. Jordan's likely for Lily (if he's not thrown under the bus and sent packing which I feel will happen. Just a hunch). Someone has to recognize Cane and Lily suck as a couple, as do Billy and Victoria.

But Mishael and Hilary deserve better than GC Buzz. It makes her come off as unlikeable.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's what I was thinking too. 

I don't know what's happening with Victor's book but Leanna could initially return to GC to try to hype up some type of anniversary reissue of Ruthless and make an offer to Hilary to purchase her show. Hilary is reluctant to sell but realizes that ratings aren't what she had hoped for and admits to herself that she feels unsatisfied with the lack of challenges that show presents. She tells Leanna not to get her hopes up but agrees to think about it.

Unbeknownst to Hilary, Leanna has mortgaged her house, borrowed money six ways til' Sunday and practically begged her publisher to reissue Ruthless so that she can leverage her advance to cull together the money to buy the show (or is it the station that Hilary also owns?) but Leanna misses the infamy and thrill of being a muckraker and desperately wants in on the action.

• Members

You're wrong. Mal Young is the one who pushes Camryn Grimes. He said so himself in mags. According to him, he loves her and wants her doing more and thought GC Buzz would be a great place for her. I don't think Sally gives two shits about Mariah or CG. I won't touch that money comment. 

Please register in order to view this content

This is really good. 

• Members

The problem with this is that the show has zero interest in Jill. If they did then I'd agree that this would be great story. 

I think jordan was designed for Lily. But I don't think he will last either now. Reception is cold. 

• Members

Thank you!

There are so many directions to go with these characters to make them viable and multi-layered, if only Y&R would edge the focus away from Newman-heavy storylines for a bit.

I was even thinking that Hilary, unsure, would offer to do a 28 trial run of Leanna's show, during that time Leanna drives up ratings, slyly pitches the anniversary re-issue of Ruthless which not only sends copies flying off the shelves, it angers Victor to the point that he calls Leanna, reading her the riot act while Leanna secretly airs their conversation live on air! 

By the end of the trial period, Leanna has been able to pay her mortgage and meet Hilary's asking price but when she meets with Hilary, there is a new wrinkle.

Hilary has changed her mind. She wants to negotiate maintaining a small stake in the company. As long as Leanna has sole control of all creative and production decisions, she agrees. They shake hands.

Of couse, things are great, ratings boom, ad money flows, Hilary loves Leanna's style until Leanna decides to go after the Abbotts, mainly Jack and his history.

Though I know Y&R would never allow this, Leanna decides to get an interview with the forgotten Abbott...Keemo!

• Members

He has spoken pretty highly of CG.  True story. 

@DramatistDreamer I wish you were writing - or at least consulting - on Y&R.  :-)

Yes, I think they initially wanted him with Lily.  But don't look now - did you see the previews for Monday's show?

I don't know why MCE is still on this show.  She needs to go off into the sunset, on the hunt for her bestie. 

Redaric Williams!  Thank you!  Lawd have mercy, that man was  and you're right - he had chemistry with everyone (even CK).  Like I said, I want to like this Jordan guy, but RW/Tyler...no comparison.  He was a find. 

• Members

Anyone who reads the weekly interviews in the mags can tell exactly what's going on with CG. 

I saw those previews. This is out of nowhere. But then most things are in this show. 

They definitely need the help. 

MCE/Chelsea needs something to do I suppose. She should be cut but I think they are holding onto her for recast Adam. Sally already lost the Philly battle. She will lose the Adam battle too

• Members

It would help if the actor wasn't so robotic in his lines. Compare Tessa to Jordan for the newbies featured on Friday (US).... 

Yuk on Hilary/Mariah facing off and WTH on Hilary sneaking in (though MM looked stunning even crawled up on floor). However, I was surprised by the Mevon scenes - they were actually not bad. Of course, it helped CG had 90% of the dialogue.

Hilary evening-like attire at office (ala Jill at Jabot), while I fully expected Mariah to pull out some hay from and yell Yee-Haw!  The show doesn't need to try that hard to make them different. 

• Members

Its clear to me that this story is Hilary losing it all and getting her commuppance. If they aren't going to write her differently afterwards then don't waste my time.  

Archived