Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's for sure, because they won't even allow Jill to APPEAR like she is running a corporation much less be included in any of the business stories.

Y&R knows exactly what to do, even with an off-screen company. They did it with Katherine in her later years, especially when Tucker was around. Kay could meet with others over lunch, sign corporate papers at her desk, and talk plenty of business in the mansion. They at least gave her the look of an important business woman (even though, historically, business wasn't her thing.)

Viewers have watched Jill grow as a savvy business person for decades, but they aren't doing the same for her. No one is bringing her any Chancellor Industries papers to sign. Even as half owner of Fenmores she wasn't written into the Fenmores story.

But plenty of interest in men like Jack & Victor ( & now Neil & Devon) running their families and corporations.

The interest they have in older women is for being doormats to their husbands like Nikki.  Ashley, for being a clear second, under Jack at Jabot and as an Abbott.. And the over acting, trash heap version of Jill, Glo-job, being Jack's old bitch sexually, personally, & professionally.  I thought Sally would do better.

But who wants Adam stuck with one woman? I loved Justin Hartley's Adam, and was eager to see him with someone else. I was already bored of him with Chelsea. If Chelsea's only purpose is to be Adam's love interest she's not worth keeping.

• Members

Based on what I've read, I doubt I'll be watching next week. This regime is so clueless. Why should Hilary lose anything? Oh, wait, she's a woman and only men aka Jack, Victor, Billy, etc are allowed to thrive after doing bad, bad things.

• Members

So Jordan had NO idea that Chelsea was in GC. Even though she was LIVE on Hilary's show, all over the news because of Adam, and is a 'hot' buzzworthy fashion designer - his industry. Right. Why not have Jordan come up to Chelsea and say 'Hey fellow-grifter. I've been staying out of your way since I got to town, but SSM thinks we need to do a chemistry test with a fake background and some drama with boring Nick....."

• Members

Exactly. Sally really just needs to cross out Mariah and put Cassie.

It's doing Hilary no favors either.

I've said it from the start of their "rivalry" that neither should be jealous of the other and their 'rivalry' makes no sense. They should be friends.

• Members

Clear rewrite. I guess the show figures chick could use some help. Remove Lily, insert Chelsea. 

This story started and mostly was written/planned months before Sally was hired. I'd bet money this is pratt and Mal's long story that they are allowing to play out.

You keep trying to blame Sally for Cassie lite but she was this way before Sallys stuff hit the screen December 7 of last year. 

• Members

Today's show was so boring.

All the Newman's minus Victoria at the Underground.....yawn.....

Chelsea and Jordan knowing each other from the past because they did shady dealings together....zzzzzz....fire both of them now.....the actor who plays Jordan can't act worth a [!@#$%^&*].

Victoria asking Nick for dating advice? Hahahahahaha....which idiot writer on staff came up with that dumb idea??

Hillary hiding from Mariah and Devon.

Please register in order to view this content

One awful boring show!

• Administrator

New drinking game: every time

@Soapsuds used the word 'boring'.  lol  Come on man, there are other words. 😉

I hate GC Buzz too. I usually like Mariah and Hilary but not when they're there - they're so unlikable.  I liked that last scene with Mariah/Devon/Hilary - the music, lighting, dialogue, Hilary hiding and having to listen to Devon/Mariah.  

Glad they're stopping this Scott/Victor book story.

• Members

I guess I am one of the few that does not mind GC Buzz. 

It's actually starting to grow on me. 

I do think that it'd be more interesting if they retooled it a bit. Instead of Devon having ownership over it, I think it'd actually be more interesting if Victor had some (if not all) ownership over it. It would be fun to see Victor spar with Mariah and Hillary as most of the damning stories would be about his family anyways. 

I think that the name and set are dreadful and plays a pivotal role why people aren't taking to it. They need to scrap Chelsea old apartment set and make GC Buzz look like a real news/talk show set. 

Dare I say it but SSM needs to go and watch late 80s/early 90s Guiding Light with WSPR and mirror or grasp some of their stories. Or 90s AMC with the Cutting Edge. A news station can create tons of chaos on the canvas when done correctly. At a time when the media is a hot point, GC Buzz should be generating story. 

Also, more characters need to be over there. Scott needs to cease being a professor and join Hillary and Mariah at the anchor table. I wouldn't mind Sharon being tossed over there in some capacity too. People mentioned Leanna Love being brought back and she'd be the shot in the arm needed over there too. 

• Members

Cause it was a boring idea.

They brought in Scott and have no idea what to do with him. Shouldn't have Sally had a long term vision of his character? She is coma inducing with her story ideas.

Archived