• Wow, thanks for posting. How refreshingly candid!
    • Speaking of race and how general perception has evolved and changed over the years, I will say that Y&R acted positively and with sensitivity when editing the 1991 Masquerade episode. After watching the episode during the Friday classics, I decided to look up more episodes from that period and while doing so I stumbled upon a clip with the deleted scenes that didn't make the 2020 re-broadcast. One thing was glaringly obvious to me, a lot of scenes were cut to exclude a character that was dressed in Native American headdresses. In recent years, we have become more sensitive to the harm caused by acts of cultural appropriation. Many celebs have actually gotten into hot water for using Native American symbolism, dress and imagery. I think whoever was in charge of editing the episode was aware of the issues that might arise from including those scenes. I didn't bring it up weeks ago when I first watched as I didn't  know where to address it, but I feel as if it may be relevant to this topic. I'm surprised no one in the comments section of the YouTube video noticed it. I'm sure to most of the older audience and even some of the younger, it would seem like it is not a big deal, but considering our current climate and how we are changing albeit slowly I think it was culturally responsive and responsible on Y&R's part.    If anyone is interested in the scenes I am referring to, the clip below includes the scenes that were removed from the re-broadcast. Most of the scenes with the character are in the second half of the clip.      
    • In the 1974 episode posted Kay had a maid named Teresa who catered to her drinking habit. By 1975 she has a maid named Ruth. Who played Ruth and how long was she Kay's maid ? Esther arrived in 1982. The synopsis states Liz accepted a job as the cook and Kay was a hard task master. Liz eventually became one of Kay's dearest friends, so it's interesting to see the beginnings of the Liz & Kay's relationship. 
    • Now that you've mentioned it, I don't recall seeing such an establishment on RH -- which is odd, because RH was set in NYC, and discos were fairly common in NYC at that time.  But, on the other hand, maybe Labine & Mayer avoided it on purpose, because it seemed like every other soap on the air was trying to incorporate disco (and failing).     Yes, Kelli Maroney was VERY green on RH and needed a ton of guidance.  However, she also breathed some life into a show that was beginning to get stale with all the Ryan/Coleridge/Reid hookups.  I'm sorry she didn't stay on RH for very long, as she probably might've developed into a good, if not great, actress.  Then again, if she had stayed, there probably wouldn't have been a Maggie Shelby, as I found her and Kimberly to be very similar.

NBC | Peacock

200 topics in this forum

• 181 replies
    • 32 replies
    • 198 replies
    • 6 replies
  1. Will & Grace Revival 1 2 3 4 11

• 157 replies
    • 49 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 8 replies