SYFY: Chucky: The Series

• dragonflies changed the title to SYFY: Chucky: The Series
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've read the pilot. It is good and it's from the excellent creators of Channel Zero. IIRC, the teen lead character is gay.

Most of the franchise stars are in this show just like they've been in the recent films, including 90210's own Christine Elise and the grown-up Alex Vincent (both are in the trailer). I wonder if Catherine Hicks will finally show up.

Edited by Vee

• Members

When they announced this I didn’t expect it to look this good. I never watched the two Chucky films after Seed, but this has me wanting to watch to be fully caught up. Crazy they got Chucky right but couldn’t seem to do a Scream tv show justice. You’d think that would be easier than making a talking killer doll work as a tv show. 

• Members

The talent working on the show (Nick Antosca) is better than the franchise tbh. But the first script is good at least. It closely follows the continuity of all the original franchise films including the recent ones with Brad Dourif's daughter (also very talented in character parts like her father), not all of which I've seen, so I guess I should catch up.

• 3 weeks later...

@Liberty City I've been enjoying it. I have seen some of the Chucky movies over the years. But i had no idea that Chucky's creator is a gay man. Chucky is a psychopathic soul of a serial killer. But at least he isn't homophobic. I can't wait until Andy Barclay. And other characters from the movie's appear.

Please register in order to view this content

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...