Rise: Discussion Thread

Toups

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The show had potential but it was squandered. It spent to much time on all the wrong things. Not enough time spent on fleshing out the kids. It didn't help that Mr Mazzuchelli was an annoying bore . Rise's drab and depressing tonality was off putting. Even if the show was better i just didn't see it lasting on NBC. Under better writers Rise would've been awesome. I knew it was going to get cancelled. Still i feel sad for what could've been. I hope the talent cast gets other acting opportunities.  

• Members

At least Jeremy and Simon kissed at the end. Simon was able to come to terms with his sexuality. Him kissing Jeremy in front of all the audience and his dad was powerful. And the ending with his father leaving while everyone cheered and clapped as he held Jeremy's hand. I do wonder though if Simon's dad is a closeted gay man. I remember the spat he and his wife had and she mentioned how he didn't touch her anymore.

I wish CW would pick it up. I mean they have Dynasty which has a zero rating.....LOL

Archived