GH50: October 2013 Discussion

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just don't get what's wrong with Sabrina, she's been pretty much the perfect character all through out her tenure. She's been blameless since day one. I can't understand the hate nor the vitriol towards her. She is no different from any other perfect soap ingenue.

• Members

I'm indifferent to Sabrina but I disagree with the idea that a soap ingenue need be perfect.

There are plenty of ingenues and heroines in soap history that screwed up (got involved with the wrong people) or hurt someone (albeit usually unintentionally).

Maybe recently daytime soaps started making their ingenues and heroines perfect but that would be boring, IMO. Maybe one of the reasons daytime soaps have lost some viewers over the last decade.

And ingenues are flawed like anyone else. No one is perfect, neither should Sabrina.

If the writers are writing her this way, they are doing the character (and the actress) a disservice.

• Members

Today was a GOOD show. GH has been pretty damn good the past few episodes.

KS looks like she gained weight on today's show. Guess its soon to hiding behind big purses and potted plants

Disappointed that Ben isn't Britt's bio son. I was kind of hoping that Dante's sperm was used with her egg. Maybe she's lying. Not likely, but Id like it to be so.

LMAO at Robert knocking Obrecht out

Puke to Patrick's extended proposal to Ugly Betty. I will be LMAO when he drops her basic ass for Robin

• Members

I seriously kind of rolled when Nikolas and Robin just stood there having a conversation.

Dr. O/Robert/Anna wasn't too bad.

I quite enjoyed Faison and Britt.

I'm glad I finally like Emme as Lulu. She's doing a good job of making me feel for her while Kirsten is doing such a blah job at making it seem like Maxie even recognizes how dumb she's been. I quite liked Diane going off on her. This story is by far the best. They featured the right stories today, aside from Ugly Betty and Patrick, but I guess that was needed.

And let me guess, Emma will suddenly start to rebel against Sabrina? Or does she just love the news that they are getting married?

• Members

Robin is just stupid as hell. She and Dick spend 90% of the show talking IN THE LAB, and then she decides to have a conversation with unconscious Dr. O?! When Craptini try to go for cute, his characters just look dumb as hell!

Faison and Britta were super good!!!!! Kelly T held her own pretty damn good.

Robert was going to shoot Dr. O in the back as she lie there unconscious on the floor? Too much of a punk to face her? Afraid she's gonna whip your ass again? Ugh!

Emme has completely won me over! Love her. Lulu is breaking my heart. With Julie, I felt nothing for Lulu at all, ever! Emme is NOT missing a beat. Outside of my complete adoration for her as Lulu, my heart breaks for Lulu. Can't imagine going thru this and having the best friend be the culprit. I'm loving this story so much! I have a feeling that Dante will get to the point to where he is only going thru with this for Lulu and won't have the heart to tell her that they need to let it go. Eventually, he will have the courage to do it. And ordinarily, I would wish Lulu had her mother, but considering who that person is, NO THANK YOU! Alexis was really gentle, so perhaps they can have her substitute. Would be great if Carly could spend some time in this direction.

I want Lulu to really stick it to Maxie! She has gotten away with everything she's ever done because "it's quirky Maxie", her heart or some such nonsense. Time to drag this bitch! I mean it. Maxie never paid for being a drug pushing rapist, and if Lulu and Alexis are really smart, they will bring up Maxie and "the pillow" trying to trap Lucky. They could show a pattern with Maxie and what children mean to her. She didn't tell punk Spinelli that he was a father, and he stands there like a bitch backing her. Spin didn't claim this child until he got the green light from Maxie. Can't stand him!

Loving this story!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, Twitter had quite a few comments regarding budget cuts across the board on ABC Daytime. With that, I seriously doubt AJ will be with the show long, and I would not be surprised if Liz is eventually written out. She will go visit Gram and stay gone.

Absolutely ridiculous, and could Nik be any less interested?!

• Members

Lulu and Dante are the stereotypical self-entitled infertiles. They claim that they love Connie too much to let her go, which is bull. They just don't want to miss out on their opportunity to be parents. It has nothing to do with this particular child. What are they going to tell her when she grows up? "You couldn't be raised by your natural parents because they loved us so much that they didn't want to hurt us. When they realized they couldn't live without you, we refused to show them the same love. So we set out to cause them a lifetime of pain and suffering because wanted a chance to be a mom and dad."

No, instead what they will do is lie to her, and tell her that they performed a heroic rescue mission for a child in need of a home. They'll tell her that Maxie and Spinnelli weren't looking to be parents, and then changed their minds, but by then it was too late because Dante and Lulu had fallen in love with her. What a load of crap.

And listening to Alexis talk about the rights of biological parents was ridiculous. This country jumps at the chance to take a child away from its mother. Not many other countries allow a mother to sign adoption papers while still drugged on painkillers, with no right to revoke.

Archived