GH50: October 2013 Discussion

• Members

I don't agree, Steve. Lante love that child. They finally have their family only to have this lying twat ruin it with her foolishness.

As for removing children from their families, courts always try to keep families together. They've put countless children back into the clutches of unfit parents.

And the dumb one would have to be whomever wrote some of Diane's lines. She tells Spixie that the judge would have Lante relinquish all rights to the child when the case is over. That was ridiculous because they have no rights to the child.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm with Lulu and Dante. Maxie acts like this was another of her wacky schemes - she has virtually no remorse now that she's clicked over into "mine" mode. Lulu and Dante seem genuinely bereft. I keep wanting to punch Maxie out. And what she did to Spinelli was unconscionable. All this because he dated someone else.

And if those two lady lawyers are for real, yeah - you could get custody from Maxie. It's more than possible. Look at her record.

• Members

What really gets me, Vee, is that Maxie feels that because the truth is out, Lante should feel differently about the baby. She stood there as smug as could be and told them "the circumstances have changed". Maxie really wanted Lante to have this child, but that was only because she didn't want the truth to come out. What a coward!

As for Spinelli, we part ways. I do believe that deep down, Maxie excluded Spin because he was not with her, but you'd have to provide one helluva argument to get me to give him an ounce of sympathy. He's a Maxie enabler, and if there was ever a time he should have shoved his foot up her ass, this was it. His daughter would be ashamed that he's such a collosal pu$$y!

And you know what, if we are supposed to feel anything for Maxie, KS needs to step it the [!@#$%^&*] up! As it stands, she's playing this the way she plays everything else. The audience should be torn, but I want Spixie buried alive!

• Members

She was playing the hell out of the story before the reveal, but I felt she shut down both during and after while Emme Rylan totally proved herself to me. Part of me wonders if that's Storms trying to keep the character viable, but she's doing the opposite to me. I love KS in the role, I think Maxie is a great part, but this character has done something awful and I am not feeling any of this right now.

And yeah, Maxie's disconnect and sudden lurch from "do it all for my friend" and "it's mine now" is insane to me.

• Members

I don't think she is any worse than any other ingenue though. I mean look at Bianca from All My Children, or even Emily or Georgie from this same show. Or Alison Barrington from PC. Evangeline from OLTL, etc. I don't think Sabrina is any different from them, yet she gets so much hate simply for being virtuous and good. I don't get it.

• Members

Sabrina is a huge victim of Craptini's writing. I find myself being totally disgusted by her mere presence one day to seeing all of the potential in this character the next. Gorgeous girl, gorgeous hair, gorgeous figure and does a pretty decent job with the acting thing. She need not be so damn vanilla and the night and day personality change was a bad idea. And worst of all, introducing that cockroach to further sell her was the most heinous transgression with Sabrina to date.

If Teresa were a better actress, she might be able to push thru the dreck, but she can't. She needs Patty and Rodent Rivera out of her life. Patty has been severely harmed by this pairing as well.

• Members

Those are all characters that meant something to the show. We either grew up watching them or had some reason to care about them. There was some connection to them, whether it be because of who they were related to, how they were introduced, etc. Sabrina was just brought on one day, with no real purpose, and shoved down our throat 24/7. There was no reason to like her, and instead of WRITING the character to be likable, they instead wrote it so that every *character* adored her and talked about how wonderful she was 24/7 - Reason enough in itself for people to start disliking her. The characters you mentioned certainly had fans that disliked them, but they also had CHARACTERS who disliked them/questioned them/etc. which provided a balance. There was none of that with Sabrina. It was month upon month of constantly being told how much we should love her...And for what? Because she had a borderline obsessed with a fresh widow and his toddler?

• Members

All of them played blameless good girls, who had the world in the palm of their hand because of their innate purity, gentle hearts and wholesomeness. Georgie a bit less so, as she was more of an everyday girl next door, but I still think she more or less qualifies. Evangeline had more in her bag of tricks, but I still think her integrity and honor were paramount to her characterization enough to put her in this sainted category not at all unlike Emily Quatermaine or Bianca Montgomery.

I can understand the over saturation of a character causing ire (in regards to Sabrina), but in regards to characters falling all over themselves for an ingenue, again that happens in most stories. It's not even respective of just soaps, but it's a common trope across all fiction as well. I don't think Sabrina in that regards is getting special treatment. She has followers who admire and like her based on her inherent good nature. That happens across the board with all ingenues though and happened a great deal in all the cases I mentioned above. Bianca had an entire town ready to plead guilty to homocide for instance. Allison was another character who the entire town carried after if she so much as sneezed. Evangeline and Emily were the moral compasses of their shows and were able to reform the baddest of cold hearted criminals with their smiles, damn near.

• Members

Haha. When Michael Logan criticized the scenes where Nik and Robin reunited, Ron made sure everyone knew it wasn't his fault.

I have rarely seen a writer who is so desperately in need of making sure people know nothing is ever his fault.

Archived