GH50: October 2013 Discussion

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There are a lot of things that would not be quantified as emotional or mental abuse in a court of law, that doesn't mean they aren't hurtful or detrimental to said child and do not in some way impede their development. Horrible logic.

Except that is exactly what is happening. Blaming Emma for Britta's horrible behavior has persisted for months now, and it escapes me how long this has gone on. Ultimately even if Emma is an unbearable child, Britta is still the one who needs to act appropriately as she is the adult who has the mental comprehension to deal with awkward situations such as those. Seriously, Emma is like 4 years old and yet posters seem to believe that this 30 year old woman has the right to terrorize this young child.

My thoughts exactly.

• Members

When has she EVER terrorized Emma? Do you have transcripts or clips of when she tormented or terrorized her?. She never liked Emma but to my recollection, the most she's ever done to her was lash out that she didn't like her after Emma told her she didn't like her. Again it wasn't something that happened on a regular basis. Outside of that ordeal, Britt has not done anything directly to that child. She lost her cool, got called out on it and behaved herself around Emma after that bc she was trying to work things out with Patrick. There is no evidence of her tormenting or "abusing" her as you put it. For the most part, she tried to stay away from Emma when she was Patrick which partly the reason why they didn't connect. She didn't show enough interest in her to terrorize the child. She pretty much ignored her and focused primarily on Patrick except when he was around, which was when she tried to make the most effort with Emma

• Members

Can we not act as if Brit wasn't trying to turn Patrick against Emma by spreading lies about her and saying she was lying about multiple things during their early courtship? She would continuously try and make Sabrina look bad and would try and make Emma look bad as a result because Brit was obsessed with Patrick's penis. She did this continuously for months on hand. It was clear that Britt didn't like Emma and tried to undermine Patrick's relationship with his daughter (which is deplorable) when they were dating. It's as clear as day that if Robin were there and seen this, she would have ripped every follicle of hair out of Britta's head and choked her with it. This is also one of the many obvious reasons why Anna can't stand that bitch Britta. She's a horrible human being, point blank and she has continuously effected Emma's life adversely since being introduced to her. Which is why most of the characters who are close to Emma hate her with a passion.

• Members
This.

Loved the ending today. I actually felt invested again. Was nice to feel that way. I had no idea Nikolas was going to find Robin today.

I also don't think Emma has felt like Robins child at allll since the "death". It feels like Sabrina's kid.

• Members

Everything was good about today's show except for Sabrina and Carlos. Man were they awful. The worst part of this Robin story, which is pretty good otherwise.

It just hit me the parallels today between Tracy/Luke and Obrecht/Faison. Two seemingly strong, independent women, who cling onto men that use and don't really want them. I felt bad for Obrecht today when Faison told her to put on the Anna mask in order for him to have sex with her

Britt finally comes face to face with Faison! Will be interesting to see her interact with her father.

oh the cliffhangers! Britt knocks Obrecht out and comes face to face with Faison. Nikolas finds Robin alive. Patrick asks Sabrina to marry him. Monday is going to be good especially since it looks like the Jerome/Corinthos story wont be on

• Members

Sabrina and Carlos was the worst part. Why am I to believe she was ever with this scruffy, needs-a-bath, sleaze? It makes no sense. I really don't care enough about her but it's just like ... whyyyy?

Faison with Baby Ben has been oddly ... sweet. It's interesting to watch Faison with a baby. And I really can't believe how much I like Britt these days. I'm really glad they've worked on her character. It's a rare time I'll actually give them some kudos for actually doing something right. I also think her surprising chemistry with Nikolas has helped. I really like them together.

I just hate Tracy with Luke.

I also see GH beat Y&R in the demo for last week?? I'm off to remind myself everything of last week and figure out just how ... and it's interesting to see Y&R tumble. That was quick.

• Members

I didn't see the good at all! Not an ounce, but perhaps that was because I was too distracted by Sabrina and that cockroach in the old Crimson office having a pow wow for the entire hour? One has been on for a year, and the other just crawled in a few weeks ago. I could not get past this for very long to even try to appreciate anything else going on.

Dr. O HEAR ME ROAR made women so proud today because she was not going to debase herself and wear an Anna mask while having sex with Faison? Yay! She has committed numerous crimes in the name of Faison, and if I was to really think this woman has grown in a matter of minutes, perhaps she should have taken that child from the mad man she wanted to hand him over to. This was like a bad eppy of SVU where a woman is found after being gone for 30 years. She was kidnapped and had fallen for her captor and refuses to leave him only to "snap out of it" by the end of a 37 minute episode. Exactly what was Dr O confused with? Faison is obsessed with Anna, and that is all he has ever wanted. Why after a commercial break would Dr. O believe that has changed? I was embarrassed by the kudos for this woman. If nothing else, crappy know their audience.

The funny thing is, so many are always whining about GH and the newbies, but the same people were hooping and hollering about today being the best eppy in a long time, an eppy comprised of 50% newbies, Liz who's been on twice in more than a month and 2 criminally insane characters. Lunacy on the plane could not have been any more ineffective if they tried. The only reason I can think they might have been included was so that the audience would believe "vets" played a part in today's eppy. Gotta give Crappy credit! I really do!

Rebecca Herbst really needs to put on a few pounds. She was scary skinny today!

Nik looked really good today. Jeans and a tight shirt are his friends, or perhaps mine. Sean Blakemore is the same or even better. His body is sculpted beautifully and you can see every muscle thru his shirt. So beautiful!

I hope that when Robin gets home, she is greeted with a pair of scissors. That dirty hair just sitting there needs to go!

Sadly, this mess is leading the pack in 18-49 demo! We are truly fucked!

• Members

Who is this "we" you speak of? I thought today was a good show, with Dr O leading the pack. We had real GH characters on today too, with Nik being center stage, not a newbie. Nik, Robin, Luke, Tracy, Liz...five characters all with 15 years tenure on the show. The ending when Nik saw Robin was a great moment for those waiting and waiting for Robin to be rescued. Newbie Carlos was good today I thought telling Sabrina the truth she didn't want to hear.

As far as Dr O's reaction, that was the straw that broke the camel's back, her epiphany revelation that she isn't getting what she wanted out of this.. I thought the actress did great and GH's ratings this week hopefully reflect that many more people are like me and enjoying this story and will be bummed the moment they switch back to Todd, Carly, Sam, Kiki, Sonny and their equally boring pals.

• Members

The "we" I speak of are the true soap fans who don't have to break a soap into pieces to enjoy it. Either a show is good or it isn't, and when you have to wait to enjoy a show when your favs are on or your nonfavs are off, that is not a good show. Far from it.

I'm guilty of it myself, but I try to like all of it. Craptini have made that impossible. Even when my favs are on, I am still rolling my eyes because the story is so poorly done.

ETA: It's ridiculous to think Dr. O has a breaking point. She is as obsessed with Faison as he is with Anna. Criminally insane don't have a breaking point, AND again, she left the damn kid there! We saw the same speech with Tracy a few months ago and a week later, she was running behind Luke trying to run off with him. All of it was ridiculous!

Archived