GH50: October 2013 Discussion

• Members

I can't disagree here. FrankenTodd's flippant attitude really bugs me. There is absolutely no self awareness, but that is intentional. Dumb and Dumber had no intention of telling the story of a man trying to make amends for his heinous actions post tumor. Their only interest was the restoration of Todd Manning, giving PP the finger and getting him back with Carly. What's so ridiculous is that LW and RH have proven they would have massive chemistry together as any character, so you didn't need Franco - not even for shock! This only does a disservice to Carly, who should be mortified that this man is near her child IN HER HOUSE! Look closely, and you will see that there's no story here for either - just unrivaled chemistry. FrankenTodd has no job, no money, no real ties (because the Qs are of interest to no one). He's having an art show and presenting work that is not his. Why? To make money? Who needs money when you have free room and board at a pretty cool hotel where the owner comes and teases you every other day and free legal advice from a shark with a law degree?

Am I saying this guy can't be redeemed? Absolutely not! He can, but you have to write the story and you sure as hell have to write when, how and why Carly developed feelings for him.

But I won't lie. LW and RH together light my fire, so I'm going to do what Ant is doing. Pretend this is Todd (cause he really is) and go with it :)

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+1

Making him Franco was the dumbest move. And of course there's no story. Ron took the lazy way out with Frodd (surprise!). The problem is most of the 'general audience' probably does just accept it. As evidence by the amount of praise he STILL gets. He masks things well, I'll give him that, but I see through most of the [!@#$%^&*] he tries to pull.

LW and RH together are great so I guess I'll eventually come around and just accept it as Todd (agreed, cause he really is) but the whole set up has been just awful and hard to buy.

But I'll try to come around to them because I really really do like their chemistry. I just hate the attitude Todd often has. He was much better written, IMO, on the web version of OLTL.

Archived