GH50: October 2013 Discussion

• Members

I love the story. Faison and Dr O are right up my alley, and any story that features Luke, Robert and Anna is by definition better than anything else physically possible on the show. I just wish Helena was alive to get in on the fun. And where is Holly? I know ES lives in England but Holly sat by Robert's bedside all this time, he wakes up and she can't be bothered?

Actually, I did go with the GH rewrite in that recap. Originally Dr Ewen Keenan was working for Jerry, who took Robin, for reasons unknown. They were not clear on this, but Jerry went to Dr O for help, who asked for $88 Million, he came to Port Charles where he already had Dr Keenan under blackmail. Jerry had no motive for taking Robin but I guess we have to assume Faison knew of Jerry's plan for Port Charles and upped his price to include Robin. Or, Jerry and Faison were secretly in PC together when the lab blew up. That is the one aspect of it all I find semi-confusing: by whom was Robin taken? The rewrite has it Faison and Ewen no longer is remembered, but originally he was working for Jerry.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
I didn't think it was FF worthy. It was good background info for those who don't about the history of Julian.

I don't know.....brat...annoying child? I think you called Ciara on DAYS that too. Calling these 5-6 year olds that is so disturbing. I honestly wish you would stop, but I can't force you to. I'm just going to get a little sad whenever you do. sad.png

• Members

But it is strangely hostile to call a child a bitch. I'm not trying to be a hypocrite, since I've used the word many times on adults, although I'm starting to see the other side of the issue more than I used to. IDK, I mean, Toups has said it makes him sad, so why persist in it? A real little girl is in the role and the word does kind of bleed on to her. Brat is a far more appropriate word when you are talking about someone under 12. *shrugs* To each their own I guess.

• Members

Thank you. I have nothing against the actress. I specifically talk about Emma who's actions disturb me. Its not cute for that little girl to be so rude and fresh and call an adult a variation of the word bitch to her face but its okay for her to basically curse out said adult bc she's a kid and its adorable. Give me a break

• Members

I agree! I cannot stand Emma, and they've taken a beautiful little girl and turned her into a very ugly child. She is a little bitch and the adults allowing her to walk around calling Britta a bitch [because that is exactly what she is doing] is ridiculous and so not funny.

• Members

Brit has been horrible to Emma since she started dating Patrick, I don't understand how people can accept blatant abuse of a child and then blame the kid for it. That's ridiculous. Even if Emma doesn't like Brit, she as the adult should have some sense to act properly and be disciplined enough to not be so hostile against a child. Child abuse is something, I could never get behind regardless of character.

• Members

To my recollection, in order for us to like Sabrina, Emma started in on Britta immediately by telling Britta she didn't like her and other sorts of stuff. Not a huge deal because that is what children do. Britta, as wrong as it was, told Emma that she didn't like her either. Again, wrong, but no crimes were committed.

Now, they've turned the child from a little girl missing her mother to a 5 year old sassy adult who was never taught her place.

• Members

Emotional and mental abuse is still abuse. Especially for a girl who doesn't understand why she just lost her mother and having another woman who is cruel to her beyond reason coming into her life and saying she hates kids. Telling a 4 or 5 year old grief stricken child that you hate her is ok? Really? The justification for Britt is disgusting. Ultimately one has to understand that Emma is defenseless against a woman like Britt so whatever viciousness she gives to Emma is amplified to the next level. That should not be tolerable on any level. You don't do that to kids.

• Members

I don't think it reflects on the actress but I do think calling a child, even a fictional one, a bitch is a bit inappropriate but that's just my opinion.

I don't have the same problems with Emma's behaviour that others do. I was in the exact same situation with my mother dying suddenly in an accident and my father moving on when I was that age and I certainly behaved horrendously and like a brat on numerous occasions. I guess I don't find her behaviour or actions to be out of character or unrealistic for a child that's been what she's been through.

Archived