GH50: October 2013 Discussion

• Members
Oh, I remember how bad Passions was. I watched that show nearly every day from the start heh, I agree, it's not NEARLY as bad, I was being a tad dramatic, but it's still just as frustrating. I guess I just knew how JER was and what Passions would ultimately be like that it didn't bother me but it was beyond ridiculous how long and how many ways that man could stretch a story out. He beat every beat to DEATH.

I remember that year of Passions and I think that was one of the years I tuned out for a good while. Wasn't TC, Liz, etc. just dumped? But not to turn this into a Passions thread ... lol. I remember one day lasting what felt like MONTHS.

EDIT: Thanks for the Genie clarification, Brett.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed with all this. The way Carlivati does classic soap "Make 'em wait" is lazy--and increasingly so and it does really feel like it's based on one of JER's worse traits. There rarely even is really any progression--which is how these stories should be done--instead it's just constant fake-out with the characters and story remaining basically where it was in a holding patter until we get a rushed conclusion and than those stories and characters are all but forgotten about.

And I already talked about how much I hate the Mission Impossible masks but I agree with you completely. GH has had silly action/adventure plots with super villains for over 30 years now--so I expect that. But the fake masks are so lazy, because they don't even work in a suspension of disbelief way the way plastic surgery does (at least for me.) Nobody would think someone with rubber hair was someone else--and agreed about the voice and size. Add to that how did Dr O even have time to get a mask made to look like Anna? At least with Faison he had that masterminded for months. And as I said before, it gives the show absolutely no stakes--if anyone could feasibly at any time be wearing a mask and be in disguise, then who cares? They could just say that--I dunno--Tracy was actually Heather all this time or something.

• Members

Exactly Eric. He's lazy and tries to pass it off as "rotating" stories, which I guess IS true, but it's ridiculous. I mean the show has like 50 characters at this point.

And not to mention he's really writing for nearly everyone BUT the GH cast (I don't want this to turn into a Llanview 3 debate). Leslie Charleson and Monica get scraps (every other month or so, even when it, you know, makes SENSE to have her on) probably because he likes her. Jane Elliot and Tracy are only on because they sidlined Genie.

Where's Kin? Where's Lynn Herring? Jon Lindstrom? I know they're "recurring" but what happened to Lucy and Kevin's kids coming on? Not that we need them at this point.

Sean Kanan got a nice chunk of time off (because Ronald has Todd and Derek to write for now -- subtle Ron is not). Hopefully he's taping? Anyone know?

Emme's a good actress but I'm still not thrilled with her Lulu and it's clear he has no idea what to do with Dominic Zamprogna or Dante (who, aside from when he first came on and was the be all end all, isn't a bad character at all). Lulu and Dante are totally wasted on wanting a baby. Maxie looks awful. Spinelli has always been awful.

And it's like whiplash. A few months ago it looked very likely that Laura/Luke would of course work together/get together (not that I cared) but now it's Luke professing his love for Tracy and offering her the "whole enchilada". Yuck. I actually wish I could like them together but Tracy is awful when she's with Luke. And to know this should have been Genie/Laura? Just makes it ring even more hollow. Like when Luke was supposed to find Robin. Thankfully that was accidentally corrected by having Tristan 'fill in'.

I mean, everything just seems backwards.

And I just cannot sit through a Michael/Sonny scene. They are TERRIBLE. I feel like the writers just struggle to write them together and it shows. Not to mention Mo is just so awful lately and it looked like Chad Duell had eye shadow on today.

LOL Andrea ... I had a good laugh at that. But shhh ... don't give him any ideas because you know he'd run with that ish.

Oh, and again, do Carly or Liz even exist as characters on their own? I think he likes them so they get scraps and they make their crap work because they're good actresses, but this show is beyond a mess.

And Heather just able to frequently escape? GMAFB. And do they put crack in the BLTs at Kelly's? Seriously, it's a B.L.T. They ARE great, but really?

Oy. I need a drink. LOL.

EDIT: And that's not to say I didn't initially like Obrecth (who's a joke at this point, even if I do laugh at her and she has some good lines), Britt (well, I like her now), or even Ava and Derek, but he just overkills them. I'm already sick of seeing Maura West and I like her (though the way she was talking as Ava was really annoying). Same for William deVry, shirtless or not.

• Members

Tracy and Luke have always been awful with each other. They bring out and celebrate the worst in each other and have since day one of this putrid pairing. I can't tell you how much I resent the fact that Laura could be in Tracy's place right now and TG would get his classic, REAL Luke and Laura with the two of them foiling Jerry and going off together to investigate.

Instead, we get Tracy making a laughable attempt at being an "adventurer." I'm so embarrassed for JE watching what's been done to her character, first sucking up to Frodd to get AJ booted out of ELQ when the REAL Quartermaines would have been horrified at the idea of Frodd in the company and put their differences aside (temporarily, of course; these ARE the Qs after all) to band together against him. Tracy holding a gun is just so ridiculous.

When do we get back to the Robin story?

• Members

Catching up on missed episodes.

Emma drew a picture and said its supposed to be Mommy and Elizabeth says it looks just like her. No it doesn't! That little bitch cant draw.

Olivia says that Robert and Anna had 20 odd years to get back together after Duke died and they didn't. Yes they did! They remarried within a year of his death!

Archived