GH50: October 2013 Discussion

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A show like yesterday proves that you really need fine actors to sell crap and turn it into something good. I found the scenes at the prison (was it) laughable. They make Anna dumber with each passing eppy, but the work Finn and Anders did was marvelous!

At times, I thought I was watching Benny Hill with these 2 women standing there weapons drawn and the guard (do they still dress like that) being as meaningless as possible. That is a maximum security facility, right? I know we are supposed to suspend disbelief because it's a soap, but those scenes were simply foolish, and what do you know, Faison and Dr O just prance right out before Anna conveniently wakes up.

Nick learns that Faison is Britta's father and it's tea time? Yeah ok!

Overrated KMc is simply a dullard, and she will never be anything but. When Robin tries to be tough, I laugh because its like a kid trying to be tough.

• Members

Scene was great until Anna decided to once again be stupid and turn her back on O. And some justice since O has apparently taken off. More than likely that clown will be popping up ever 4 months. Won't look forward to that.

I'd much rather they had continued with the AJ story, which has been on hold for a month now, than to dominate the screen with this Robin mess, oh but I forget that SK is not beefy enough to be walking around shirtless all the time, so his story is dead in the water!

• Members

I just can't with these Passions-esque delays. Seriously. ENOUGH Ronald. And I loved Passions for what it was (well, until 2002).

AJ who? Seriously, where is Sean Kanan? At least they gave Becky some scraps with Jason Thompson. And don't even get me started on perfect Sabrina being SOOOO understanding about Patrick's plane tickets. LMAO. I totally said she's going to be the most perfect about it. Oy. I can't. Can't she join Jason off that lovely pier that EVERYONE seems to want to be at. Despite the crime in PC and people dying there ...

And I totally missed this but Genie's done and not coming back? Wasn't she on the tape lists Adelaide posts? Sorry all ... behind and trying to catch up. I've watched a bit here and there.

• Members

Yep! Passionesque delays! Great description. This is another way Craptini stall. I was mistaken all along. They are not trying to write for/service all these characters, they use each "story" as a stall tactic for another. There is absolutely no reason to not have Anna/Robin on today. Today, they will inch closer to who Derek really is and then sideline it for 3 days. Then we go back to Baby Falconeri in 3 days, which would really be 6 days/eppies, then filler with Felix chasing straight guys/Morgan & Ava [!@#$%^&*] like rabbits - and then the cycle starts all over again.

In the meantime, AJ has not been onscreen in a month, but he is in the middle of a murder scandal? Of course, by the time we see him again [if we see him again], the story will have progressed to day 30 of his trial and then he's back offscreen again.

As for Genie? God willing!

• Members
BINGO! You nailed it Andrea. I've been seeing the same pattern and I saw it with OLTL and I stopped watching that under his pen too when he kept pulling the same crap though it feels far worse on GH. I'm all for a clever delay, I can deal with a few Passion-esque delays, I kinda lol at them and don't mind, but I feel like his writing is nothing but delay after dealy, then a rushed resolution. I knew the baby story would be totally sidelined. I should have known AJ's would be too, but I really felt they were going to do him justice.

Sigh.

I don't really mind Genie, and I feel bad if she was just dumped for no reason, but the show has way too much going on and they aren't servicing everyone correctly (lol, that sounds dirty ...).

We ended up going from baby drama/AJ framed for Kawny's murder (both not bad stories, mind you, and some I actually didn't hate watching) to Ava banging Morgan (when did Bryan Craig actually get hot?), Sonny's now all better? etc.... I can't even keep up.

EDIT: And don't even GET me started on that mask Dr. O wore as Anna. I admit to not seeing that coming (until they kissed and 'Anna' didn't murder him right there) but that's the WORSE. I hated how JER used that on Passions. It's the one trick I really just HATE and think is so completely implausible. Amazing how wearing a mask everyone can change their height, their weight and their accent! I'm ALL for stretching my imagination and I overall didn't HATE Faison masquerading as Duke, as ludicrous as it was, simply because the resolution was quite entertaining, but even then ... it's lazy.

• Members

Very lazy, and guess what? Still no resolution! Craptini are one trick ponies, and what I resent the most is some of the online ass lickers who berate others for not seeing these two morons for the geniuses they supposedly are.

They've revolutionized GH - yeah, revolutionized it into laughable trash!

• Members

Ok, the delays aren't that bad. When I used to do episode counts for PASSIONS, you'd have contract players off screen for multiple months at a time. I'm pretty sure TC was off screen for five months in a row in 2006. FIVE MONTHS. Katherine and Martin got similar treatment. That year was particularly heinous. GH is not at that level yet.

Yea, that's basically the gist. Her contract had expired but she was re-negotiating. She was set to come back and it was supposed to be her in these scenes with Luke instead of Tracy. But something happened behind the scenes that no one seems to be privy of and they took her off the master cast list and poof, she was gone, likely for good.

• Members

This episode is beyond bad, ugh.

Oh look, Shawn's walking through the door again after two scenes. GET THAT PAYCHECK, SEAN BLAKEMORE. whistling.jpg

The punching bag noises so close to the mic remind of the fan in Dante and Lulu's place from a few weeks ago. There's a reason high value productions add those sounds to the production later - TO CONTROL AND MINIMIZE. Lawd.

Archived