Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The BBQ that Vanessa just disappeared from after...I remember Matt saying.."Oh, look at that kid" and they walked off camera and Van..evaporated for a couple of years. Maeve was looking great and I got to say, as dull as Matt was..he sure was a piece of ass in that pic!

• Members

I was reading about Sarah Levy (daughter of Eugene Levy and a very reliable supporting player on Schitt's Creek) having a baby with her husband, Graham Outerbridge. IMDB lists him as being "Stuart Small" on GL in 2007. Who was that exactly? I looked up one of the episodes he was supposed to be in and did not see him. I did see an attempt at a car accident that reminds me just how non-existent the budget was by this point.

• Members

Some neat promos where the actors play out recap scenes as their characters. I'd never seen these before. Then they move to more generic bits with actors saying to watch the show. 

Michael O'Leary was so handsome in this period. 

• Members

The first of these has been around in other forms for years, but this is the first I've seen of it in complete form (it's an episode and change of Carrie and Ross' wedding). @victoria foxton posted the second one in February, but I am reposting as it is around the same time as the third video, which I don't think  I've ever seen on here. 

Beyond Nola and Quint clips and that almost impossible to watch or listen to Christmas episode, these are the two furthest into 1982 episodes I've seen on Youtube. Mid-August, I'm guessing. 

Marland's name is on the credits, but I do wonder how much the interim writers were starting to move story along, as we finally get real examples of Mark's various schemes and some backstory, as well as Tony being brought into the Quola bubble and being more of an equal partner to Quint instead of just more of the Reardons saying, "Quint is sure mysterious." Quint is also less mysterious and rarified. 

The most interesting part for me is - something I wouldn't say very often - some of the Josh/Morgan/kelly fireworks.  Some of their material in the second video is...well it's certainly entertaining to watch. 

@slick jones @Vee @zanereed @Paul Raven @j swift @DramatistDreamer @Mitch64 @Soaplover @Forever8 @vetsoapfan

Edited by DRW50

• Members

#7 Is my absolute Favorite, With Bert Confronting Maggie Scott, Her Husband's Bill's Secretary and Mistress, a character that was surprisingly nuanced for a "Homewrecker", It actually reminds me a bit of Maureen Confronting Lillian for her One Night Stand with Ed some 27 years Later

The same member in my soap Facebook group.  Who has an episode of ATWT. Also has an episode of GL from the summer of 1973. @DRW50@DramatistDreamer@Joseph@Michael @Tonksadora@Mitch64@cassadine1991@Franko@Paul Raven@j swift@TVFAN1144@Broderick@jam6242@soapfan770@bboy875@zanereed@Vee@slick jones@Patrick D@chrisml@heffos@titan1978@Spoon@AlexGrimaldi@applcin@RavenWhitney@Forever8@Liberty City@Khan@DAMfan@vetsoapfan@Darn

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton