Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So Israel started w/ Fall 1988 episodes then? What year was Y&R first broadcast in Israel?

The 1988 clips were January-March. The pivotal moment in that clip set is Victor's devastation over Ashley's marriage to Steven which leads to Victor getting drunk and turning to Nikki, resulting in Nikki becoming pregnant with Nicholas. 

The main non-Cricket 1988 stories I remember were Katherine and Rex's marriage, Chance's birth, Ruthless publication, Paul becomes involved with Cassandra, Victor and Nikki divorce, Steven's death, Brad in a cage, Nicholas's birth. Also the second of the big three late 1980s recasts when Eileen Davidson left and was replaced with Brenda Epperson.

• Members

I can't believe it! I've been scouring Greek YouTube for years hoping someone would finally have some episodes to upload. It finally, sorta happened!

Only ONCE did someone start putting up the episodes daily as they aired during the 2002 episodes. It lasted only 2 weeks. They were copyright stricken and never returned AFAIK.

The channel also has a brief Skip/Carol scene with Nan.

• Members

I like to note the title of Y&R in various languages and search them periodically as well, haha.

On this topic does anyone speak Turkish, or know when Y&R aired in Turkey? I found a full episode on YouTube a couple of years ago that said 1990, but looks like its US airdate would've been 1986 or 1987.  

• Members

I'm looking through European news archives to check if Y&R was airing anywhere else.

Some news of American soap actors is appearing in an Icelandic publication in the 1980s and several American soaps were being broadcast by 1990, including Y&R. I can't tell if the publication just has a weird interest in the world of American soaps in the mid-1980s or if the names are familiar to their residents.