Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Yeah I thought the same. Bill Glenn and Richard Dunlop are pretty much the main two from 1973 - 1982.

Yes Y&R had some great directors, even through to periods post-Bell when I wasn't as big on the show, it still looked fantastic

Thanks for that. Being Australian I actually looked through to see what soaps aired here in the 70's and was surprised so many of them had a run (even a short one) Most interesting was Days and ATWT got a short stint at nighttime as well. 

Yeah it was interesting so much is made of the exciting new and fresh Y&R with a young and dynamic cast and yet so little can be found of the show or its stars

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm trying to upload the episodes I have along with the person doing the clips, but they're a little faster than me.

Please register in order to view this content

I've added

1/8/86

1/22/86

1/31/86 

Those 3 eps take place before clip (89) if you're trying to watch in order.

2/11/86 - This one overlaps with (89) but it's the full episode

2/14/86 (I've also seen this as 2/18, there were preemptions around this time) - The Lauren/Shawn sighseeing clips are in part (89) in far better quality, but this is the full episode including Ashley/Nikki's confrontation over the affair.

(Watch up to clip (96) at 3 minutes when Lauren gets saved, then switch to 3/27/86 with Lauren being flown back to GC).

3/27/86

3/28/86 

Taking a stab in the dark here: I have parts 1, 2, 3, and 5 of an episode called "Jack Gets a Gun!" from genoacityguy aka BobTV... if anyone has pt 4, I can put it together and upload the full episode (date would be around May 2, 1986).

I also have Pts 1&2 of "Kay Threatens Jill!" and looking for the rest of that  (date would be around May 5, 1986).  These were on YT years ago. I'm sure most of the scenes leading up to Jill's shooting are in the amazing clip compilation, but I always like to have the full episodes when I can!  

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

I think Feb 14 is Feb 18. There was definitely a pre-emption on Jan 28 due to the Space Shuttle Challenger explosion. All three networks were taping the launch for later broadcast and as a result cut into the daytime tv schedule and pretty much stuck with the story until their nightly news broadcasts.

There is a possible one on Jan 31 for the memorial service for the astronauts as well, but while this definitely pre-empted the show on the east coast it may not have on the west coast. However at some point the two caught up. 

I do have the whole of May 2, 1986 except the first 30 seconds. I will upload it now (Just be aware the first 40 seconds or so are in German)

ETA: Sorry I also have May 5, 1986 from GenoaCityGuy so I will do that one too

Edited by will81

• Members

Great! Can't wait.

Does Jill get shot on May 5 or 6?  I'm having some trouble with that date.

I had copied down some dates that were supposed to be the dates for the John/Jill Divorce clips (I probably copied them from the YouTube comments when they were up there back in the day), and since we have a lot of German episodes to match up the videos, I know that by Mid-March the dates are all caught up and correct (and it was probably well before then, that's just when I can confirm). 

Then I know that the archive.org episodes dated 4/21 and 4/22 are German episodes 70 and 71 as a milestone. But I had read that Jill gets shot on Monday, May 5, but that doesn't make sense since the corresponding German episode would be #81 (which is Tuesday, May 6). 

• Members

I just saw that! that's amazing!

Brenda looked so lovely there! 

I'm so happy and excited 1986 is full throttle on the vault, even though I'm still at February 1984 with the St Croix Climax! LOL   at least we will be able to get into the second half of 1986 hopefully and break the long awaited halt that the German episodes are on. 

• Members

You're on the Y&R facebook page right? Did you manage to get the Sep 86 episodes that were uploaded? There are three Sep 15, 16, 17. I have only been able to get Sep 15 & 17 but Sep 16 is just not working for me. Was hoping to get them in the vault too. Otherwise I might try asking the person that uploaded them if they could add them to the vault.

Also we got half of the Apr 21 episode, but since we have the Jill/John scene from the divorce saga uploads and the Lauren/Joanna/Paul scenes from the vault uploads which comprise most of the second half of that episode, I am uploading this version to the vault. It means the last Jack/Nikki scene and the Ashley Victor scene in the cabin are in german, but that is only a few minutes total.

• Members

I am, and have seen those dates, but I never got around to watching or downloading those September dates yet. 

I tried to upload the full version of the 4/21/86 episode to YT, but it won't let me for whatever reason...it just says "content has been rejected" I could try to add that date to the vault myself to see if there's better luck? 

• Members

I'll get it a shot!

so weird about it not working on YT though. 

Out of curiosity did anyone try to edit together the 12/5/86 episode?  They showed that as the first episode of the "most shocking moments" week of the final classic week last month, but the original is on here, but I think is missing the last segment or two. I have that date on YT but it's blocked right now.   

• Members

Couldn't find it, but I will keep looking. So I found the full April 21 1986 episode. Not sure why I only had half of it. Anyway have added this to the vault using the german footage with english audio. I also asked the guy on FB if he could upload the Sep 86 episodes, so hopefully that will happen at some point as well

I will also add the April 22 1986 episode as well shortly