Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Maybe that was to do with Chris suggesting Les get a makeover to boost her self esteem.

Perhaps Les going to Jill's workplace was a coincidence? they might have made the connection when Jill recognized Leslie?

Or maybe Chris organized because she knew Jill worked there.

Also interesting that Bruce was on the show in the first few months. I wonder if Bill still had plans to introduce the Hendersons.?

• Members

From the beginning, Pam & her agents were fighting with Screen Gems about how little she was used on Y&R. She was getting a lot of offers for primetime work, but she couldn't accept it because of Y&R. She was only appearing on Y&R once a week and making $350 an episode. The argument from her camp was she was being under used and underpaid which could have been averted if Screen Gems would let her do primetime work when she wasn't on Y&R.

• Members

Yeah I actually just noticed she isn't even in the 1974 cast photo. You can almost see the gap next to Janice/Jaime and slightly in front of Jeanne where Pam probably should have been, lol

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by will81

• Members

I also love how Brenda is dressed, seeing as she was furious in the beginning that they dressed her in such a dowdy way, on the E! True Hollwyood Story when she said "they taped my bosom down" I can just imagine after that she decided

If I can't show my figure on the show, I will do it every other chance I get

• Members

In an interview with Kay Alden she talked about how thorough Bill Bell was in introducing characters and storylines. She said in the original Y&R bible, it clearly is written that Katherine Chancellor will make her first appearance in November 1973 and Lorie Brooks in December 1973.  

• Members

Thanks for that information

Assuming the Watergate pre-emptions and writers strike didn't change plans or potentially Jeanne's availability didn't change plans then I guess the Y&R facebook page was right 

her start date was Nov 26, 1973 and her next appearance was Jan 28, 1974.  

Yep here it is though very small. I wish we had the colour version in high quality

Also interesting Kay holds up photos of her and Phillip from this shoot in the 1986 episodes when she is thinking about her anniversary

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by will81