Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks you for posting these pictures Carl! Gosh i cant get over these women's hairstyles LOL!

I guess this party was shot before Brenda Dickson left, as seeing she wasn't on the show anymore in July 1987.

Wow, cant believe how similar Beth Maitlands, and Tracey Bregmans hair was.

I dont believe i've seen Eric Braeden grin that hard before, kinda creepy in a good way i guess LOL! :lol:

• Members

I can't get over Eileen's outfit in that photo with Corbin and Jeanne...she looks like the Pirate of Avonlea or something.

I think these were usually published a month or more after the events happened. I get confused when I read some of the Digests from summer 87 as they still reference Brenda being there.

• Members

Sorry to get in here so late... been busy with my new job. No, she didn't have her face done in the 80's... late 90's was her first foray into the plastic surgery realm. There's just a difference in the hair and makeup, and they way she DID her makeup. The 70's look was just more natural, glam was so TOTALLY out, NOBODY wore heavy, glam makeup. I like either look, to tell you the truth. Brenda has always complained ALOT about how she looked on the show... "They kept wiping my makeup off", "I hated the lighting", They put me in 1$ blouses form K-mart", it was all I could do to keep from saying "Honey, your character was POOR, you weren't gonna get the outfits from Giorgios that the Brooks girls got". But when she was away from the show, she DID look nicer in the 70's:

32.jpg

And BTW, Carl... she left second week of July. I just remember it so well because it was the week after I bought my first VCR, I bought it fourth of july weekend 1987.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

You're right, that's a very pretty picture. I keep forgetting that the Brooks were supposed to be more wealthy, mostly because the show did not overdo it the way they tend to with rich families on soaps in more recent years, lots of time writing the daughters like Paris Hiltons.

I can see why she said that her posters were still selling well even after she left in 1980.