Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I couldn't believe it at first either. I think this was the soap role he was most known for until he was cast as James Stenbeck.

I do wonder what long range plans Y&R had for him, if any. I think they quickly wrote Jack and Joann out after the Joann/Katherine lesbian story caused a ratings drop.

• Members

Y&R made definitely made a big mistake getting rid of her.

Though the lesbian story was unpopular (despite making total sense) & Kay made a great everywoman (like Judith Light as Karen Wolek) given the ratings it was understandable why they abandoned it.

She had a couple of great emotional scenes with Herrera & Kayser (one where she broke down about the state of their marriage to Herrera being especially good).

• Members

I can't for the life of me remember the Janice Lynde pilot. Did it ever air? I remember seeing Trish and Tom in Time Travelers and something else I think they were in together, not sure maybe I am confusing things.

I wish the Janice Lynde show had worked, it sounded interesting enough.

Again thanks CarlD2 for sharing all of this. I just found myself a daytime tv magazine from 1976 which is all about Y&R, I bought it from some website. Hopefully it will be delivered soon and I will have some things to share.

• Members

I'd never heard of the pilot at all until I read that (Janice's pilot). I hope someone knows more about it.

If you have a scanner we'd love to see some of the stuff in the magazine. If not then just summaries are great too. I love those things, they're a good memory jog and give details you often don't find in a soap history book.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Carl... the picture in your original posting is so great because it shows a time when Hollywood had GLAMOUR and COLOR. Nowadays everyone is so obsessed with this bullshit "understated elegance". I can't wait for the pendulum to swing back again, I honestly think fashion of the last 10 years will be judged pretty harshly 15-20 year from now as "boring", and "unimaginative". Is it just me, or do Brenda's gold plated hooters in that pic tend to follow you around the room?

• Members

So true. I think that fashion is dull now and has been for a long time, but the popularity of artists like Beyonce, Rihanna and Lady Gaga among others shows that a lot of people still want to see vibrant colors and clothes.

And the stuff in that Y&R photo is sedate by late 80s standards.

You see the boobs first and everything else last. :lol: You probably already have this but in one of these from the late 70s I have a black and white photo of her at the beach in the waves, boobs ahoy (I guess it was the black and white version of a color poster?). I will try to post that when I find it again.