Well, well, well...them tables. lol.
Now that I got the wiggle room and am actually caught up to this past week. Where do I even begin?
I haven't liked how shady CBS has been with the availability of BTG episodes. At all. But I have managed for the most part to see them. And there were several things that came to mind as I caught up and stayed caught up.
I mentioned the last time I posted that I didn't mind the slow burn momentum it had going on. I also mentioned that I liked all the various opinions that popped up about Joey over the last two years. And how the optics of him lording over the Duprees made you all feel.
I found that those opinions about Joey...was how I've begun to feel about Heather. I said before that the show is at its best IMHO when the A story is focused on one of the Core Four (Dani/Vernon/Anita/Nicole) with B/C plots circling said A story. And in the past...any attempt to do otherwise has messed with the momentum. UNLESS the story focus was already well paced and developed enough to hold its own. One of this show's noticeable fails was using June as the center story last year. One of this show's noticeable wins...even if it was not liked in these parts...has been when the show centered on Joey/Doug/Vanessa.
I have loved how Sarah Brown-coded AJ's Heather is. I've said that. I knew she could play against type (and just rewatched clips from Season 2 of TRUE BLOOD yesterday as a matter of fact) so she's been a joy to watch. She still has been. But since my last post, the show suddenly focused so much on Heather spinning her web and I felt it was...too soon. Not that it wasn't intriguing enough. Heather as Andre's ex lover. Heather vs Joey. Heather slowing weaving herself in among the FC folk. And that's not even including the Impaler stuff. And honestly...she was delicious without the Impaler stuff. But WITH it, I just eyerolled. While I like it gives Martin, Smitty, and Jacob story, I didn't like Lia being killed because they really introduced some interesting backstory there between her, Marcel, and SilkPress that I would have love to see explore, but alas. So her devouring so much story at the expanse of...well...everyone...I didn't like that.
Thankfully, the writers shifted back onto a Dupree (re: Dani) and started to climax off the Hayley storyline. THANK YOU!!! I've been enjoying all the Kristen Dimera antics. I loved that it was Dani who figured it out as I figured last year it would be cuz there was no way they were going to leave Dani/Andre out of it. And I loved they did the right thing by building problems into their marriage (her-Bill elevator sex, him-Heather) before the reveal. The writers also leaned into (what they should have) the hot Bill/Dani/Andre triangle. And dare I say...they are doing the right thing by having Bill FINALLY show remorse. His recent scenes with Chels was the POV I needed. And while I'm not Team Bill/Dani...I do enjoy the mess and he still has a way to go with me. Though like I am sure I said at the time...if Hayley had put Dani in a secret room...I was going to fall out cuz her whipping out that gun was soooo Kristen Dimera coded and I loved (and got the chance to rewatch) Hayley vs Dani. And the fact it was REAL...woOOOW. It took so long to get to that point, I didn't believe it at all. lol. And just like a Dimera (or Sami Brady) Hayley had that trump card R-E-A-D-Y. And everyone else here called out she was eavesdropping all those times she popped up. And YES to Martin's Secret coming back into play in the best soapy way possible. Clever. My only disappointment now that this is out...no location shoot which would have been the cherry on top.
That said...what else am I feeling...or not?
THINGS I'VE LIKED.
CHELS AS SPOILER. I've been wanting to say it for a while so I'll go first with this. I've liked that Chels was becoming a thorn in the side of Kat/Tomas and started to aim Kat at Izaiah. I liked it because it was giving her something to do for one. For another...it was in character because Chels has never seen it for Tomas. And just like with Ted/Nicole circling each other, it is just a matter of time before Tomas/Kat/Izaiah/Eva come into story play again. They already have Tomas circling Eva/Izaiah again. Now Eva is getting insecure again when Kat has done nothing. Meanwhile Izaiah seems oblivious. It will be interesting to see where it goes.
SHE'S HUMAN AFTER ALL. I will give the writers credit where it's due. I've complained often about how they write SilkPress as a cartoon more than a person. And as soon as I get a person, they revert her to a cartoon. And I don't like that. Since Eva's surgery, a human side to SilkPress has emerged. And what has surprised me has been how the writers have to-date done a good job of keeping that thread in SilkPress without her being a cartoon and STILL being sassy. For me, she's coming across as a schemer. I loved her subtly causing drama with her true archnemesis Nicole and Kial, but I really liked her doing the same with Ted and Shanice with the drama with Shanice's brothers. Again...SUBTLE SCHEMER. I loved Shanice got her lick back by reading her down in front of Marcel. And now she has a Bellclaire circling her? I don't hate it. For so long SilkPress has been a one trick pony. She still has her moments, but she's coming across so much better.
OPERATION IMPALE THAT 'SHIP. Given what I said. I've enjoyed the buildup to Heather messing with Martin and Smitty (and Jacob?) more than all the stuff with Dani and Andre. They have been too off-screen and Heather clearly wants Smitty to pay. So her framing him for Lia's death has potential. And while Naomi and Jacob are doing good being on opposite sides so far, I don't see that lasting.
BLACK KRISTEN DIMERA. I might have seen it coming with her trump card, but I didn't see SilkPress bailing her out. That said...I've enjoyed the reveal right down to Marcel seeing her with the poison. And I have been enjoying the fallout (like the catfight with Chels) and how the story keeps moving between A and B story seamlessly. And Hayley is owning! FINALLY A VILLIAN. And she ain't out of the woods yet, either.
THE UPGRADE. I see we have gotten to the part of filming again where improvements have been made. Because I like Vanessa's remodel of Joey's casino room. And a Dupree dining room.
THEM HAWTHORNES. For a while there, we were seeing them. Naomi vs Tomas gave Jacob something to do when he was not hell-bent on figuring out who the Impaler is. Elon is still slowing making them in-roads with Izaiah. Izaiah continues to love Eva, but does seem to be hanging with Kat more. Darlene is going to Darlene. Luke still gets his mentions. It seems like things are looking mildly up story-wise for the unofficial second family. It just makes me curious how Eva/Izaiah might break up or if Elon is ever going to clue in to Joey/Izaiah father/son bond.
MVJ SEZ...and just cuz...per her recent interview...I see another one of our often-named, never-seen character will be landing in town at long last. Given that Donnell, Deanna, and a Hawthorne has finally landed after a long period of mentions, I can't wait.
THINGS I DON'T LIKE.
JOSH GRIFFITH, YOU THERE? Yeah...in the past month...I have noticed the off-screen happenings have increased. I don't like it at all. Especially things that could have been soapy dramatic fun. Madison's lawsuit. Vanessa's carjacking especially. The Ty reveal with Franciska that had me yelling at my TV phone. Those last two had potential so I can't believe they just left it off-screen. Not to mention the Devon Winters thread that has been going on without him...though I do like well...yeah SilkPress in that storyline was bound to happen.
TED/SHANICE. If they don't give up this ghost....I mean do we really even see them together any more than her brothers showed up?
SPEAKING OF SEEING...I noticed Grayson has upped and vanished. Nicole and Kial has been very, very VERY light. Heck...are Madison and Chels still doing a wedding? Just stuff that I picked up on. I have definitely been feeling the lack of couples.
I KNOW JOEY'S BUSY, BUT...It's time for Deanna to get the goods on him, too.
Well, all I got for now.
By
Taoboi ·
Create an account or sign in to comment