Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've always wondered why Beau Kayzer didn't stay permanetly as Brock when he was on recurring there in the late 80s and early 90s. His relationship with Gina may not have been the most exiting story but Brock like Paul was one of the good guys and I've always liked the nice easy friendliness between Kayzer and Walton.

• Members

In terms of Dorothy Green, I heard she didn't know she was being written off the show until she bugged some BTS people on the show because she had a suspicion about it.

Yeah I agree Jill always loved John, I find it hard to explain that aspect of Jill's character. I guess, she may have loved him but she was manipulative as hell and was always in survival mode both times she was married to him.

One thing I always hated about Y&R was the way it painted Jill as the devil when she clearly wasn't always at fault. When she had the affair with Jack, he seduced her, she had crashed her car and was in shock and vulnerable and he seduced her. Then when the truth came out everyone acted like Jack was her victim. Though John blamed both Jill and Jack and fair enough, he seemed to be the only one to do so. Also Nikki did a lot of things Jill did and yet her kids didn't hate her and she didn't have Kay constantly telling her what a bad mother she is. I guess the show wanted Jill to be an Alexis Carrington type.

Does anyone know if Brenda was even partly true about Bill Bell and producers not seeing eye to eye about her character as she stated some years ago in an interview, I know Brenda can be melodramatic, but hearing certain tings about the show recently has made me wonder if there isn't some truth to her story.

Here are the clips just posted on youtube the quality isn't great though.

Edited by supes81

• Members

Thank you for the clips! :)

Some thoughts:

Jamie Lyn Bauer and Marla Adams: STUNNING

Tom Ligon reminds me of Spencer Pratt.

Eric Braden has had a nose job? He looks so different lying next to Eve Howard.

Deborah Adair should have returned as Jill once Brenda was out.

These clips are CRAZY. Women screaming, knives, opening caskets, tears etc.

Terry Lester :wub:

• Members

The Dec 2 1986 SOD had a photo spread on 'The It's OK to Say No' concert which was the culmination of the teen pregnancy story.

Ex Doobie Brother Michael McDonald was pictured with Danny,Amy ,Traci and Nathan.

Lauren is shown belting out a tune.

Danny is pictured rockin' on(in full length brocade jacket!) -in the storyline, his exposure to the plight of pregnant teens made him wonder whether the suggestive lyrics in rock music might be contributing to the problem. He organized a concert dedicated to the proposition that teenagers should have the freedom to turn down sex.

Michael McDonald performed 'Our Love' and 'Sweet Freedom'.

Danny performed 'Be Good to You' with Traci, one of several tunes Michael Damian composed for the show.

Amy managed to forgo her telephone duties at the detective agency long enough to share the stage with Danny.

I recall Danny,Lauren,Traci et al finishing up on stage leading the adoring audience in a rousing chant of "It's OK to Say No".

It really was quite hideous! Michael Damian's talents as singer and composer were on a par... Love Tracey but the girl should never have been handed a microphone...

• Members

I guess Katie was a combo of Traci and the original Leslie Brooks-living in the shadow of more glamorous and 'successful' sisters Ashley/Chris/Lorie.

A lot of B&B was based on Bell's earlier stories.

Snapper/Storm

The Logans/The Fosters - father deserting the struggling family.

Snapper/Chris/Greg - Storm/Caroline/Thorne

Caroline's rape/Chris' rape.

Brooke entering the world of the Forresters/Jill and the Chancellors

• Members

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. I love the photo of Brenda - she has matronly hair, but she's busting out all over.

This is fascinating. I never knew Bill Bell almost took Y&R off. I wonder why he chose to have a rape story start early in B&B too since clearly that was not a ratings grabber for Y&R.

I keep forgetting Peggy was the youngest, and not Chris.

Your scans are so neat and clean.

I have a September 78 Digest recap I am going to put up later, but if it's already up or you've already seen it, let me know and I won't.