Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I just happened to notice in Carl's original post it says Beth Maitland as ex-Traci. It's funny Traci is the only Abbott really who has never been recast-ed until she was permanently written out of the show there 1994/1995 after being paired with boring Steve the writer. Yet on the flip side Ashley was consistently on the front burner and was even recasted again when Epperson left and still on the front burner with Shattuck. I guess Bell didn't see Traci having a place on the show anymore.

• Members

DeeeDee, did you ever sense a Jewish-yet-not-Jewish undertone from the Abbotts? Kind of like Dorothy and Sophia on The Golden Girls, Italian on paper yet totally Jewish as written? Iris' biological mother Sylvie on Another World would be another example, Lemay has even said he hinted at that. I don't mean in a purely stereotypical way, but the looks of Davidson, and Maitland in particular, the relationship with the African American maid, it reminds me an awful lot of other fictional examples of Jewish families as well as some in my own life.

• Members

Yes, Terry left in September, while Peter began on November 27, 1989. I believe that Victor started the takeover while Jack was out of town ( aka when they fired Terry) at least from what i read, I could be wrong. I know what happens after though with Jack marrying Nikki and all for revenge.... Speaking of that does anyone think that it would be kind of cool if they put Nikki and Jack back together now? They seemed like such a nice happy couple in the early 90's despite Nikki being a drunk, and her miscarriage/son with Jack being stillborn.I liked how in the Victor scrooge episode, they had them get back together if Victor were to be killed off.

• Members

Yeah that's probably true. Oh well, it was definitely a perfect paring for that specific time on Y&R as was Victor and Ashley.

Hey Deedee, i'm curious about something that i never really understood about on Y&R. Why did it seem like when Lauren and Scott were a couple on Y&R they never really interacted with that many people on Y&R. I'm just curious cause i know Lauren always knew all those important people on Y&R, even though it seems like with the whole Sheila mess, she never really interacted with them that much in the early 90's most of all it's Scott i'm curious about though. I know he was never a big character, and Peter Barton was indeed just a so so actor, ( though it looks like he really improved towards the end) but why did it seem like Scott who was the older brother of Cricket who everyone loved (except David Kimble, and Michael etc...) did not get that much attention for that. Was Scott even aware that his sister had to fake her death at the masquerade ball to trap David, or that she was nearly raped by Michael? I guess i'm asking this because soo many new charcters were introduced at that time ( Dru, Olivia, Neil, Ryan etc...) and it seems like within the next year, most of these "newbies" had big connections to more of the important citenzens of GC. I guess it was because most of these people got jobs at Jabot/ or Newman but yeah what is your take on this Deedee?.

• Members

A mix of backstage issues & Bill loving Kimberlin.

Barton was never gonna be Terry Lester good but he's always been a solid actor.

Two words.

Bergman & Braeden.

The death no. The rape yes.

They were close (not Victoria & Nick close) but close nonetheless.

*cough*Cricket*cough*

That, Y&R's shift to business stories, backstage drama & increasing network pressure is why there was so much change.

Edited by DeeeDee