Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

The one with Cricket was posted several years back but I'd never seen the other. Jill! Danny seems to have the same hairstyle as Jill. How can you forget the oh-so-earnest 80s when people believed they could actually make a difference. Danny seems to be styled like the later years of Grace Slick.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So how long was Chase around? Did he just vanish? Was he one of those nice guys who was just a spoiler, like the mail office guy in the Victoria/Ryan relationship? I have only ever seen him during that horrific Christmas episode where Danny, Phillip, Scott, and Chase all gave Cricket presents.

This clip seems kind of degrading to Nina. Did they ever have any feelings for each other?

• Members

Thanks! I guess Nina chose David over him? At least he had an exit. There were a lot of Bell characters I remember as just vanishing, like Leanna Love (the first time around) but then later I realized I just missed the episode where they left.

Speaking of Cricket, there was an article on loosening standards and morals on soaps, regarding sex scenes, and they had a quote from Terry Lester where he basically said the most offensive thing on Y&R was Cricket sucking Scott's tongue even when she had begun to think they were half-siblings. I was like, wow Terry, don't hold back.

• Members

Not quite.

Nina was mourning Phillip when David swept in & married her with the irony being that when Chase finally fell for her she had fallen for someone else (David).

One of Bill's bigger mistakes was getting rid of Barbara Crampton.

She always was (and still is) a lot of fun.

Cricket & Scott were disgusting (not just because of the incest issue) but because Peter Barton is really hot & Lauralee has the sex appeal of a wet sponge.

Edited by DeeeDee

• Members

I loved Leanna (no pun intended) so much so that I was thrilled she was cast at GL and then...not so thrilled when I saw the result. Other than a few months early in her B&B run, Leanne was by far her best soap work.

Terry also said he wished Jack had been paired with Cassandra. I wonder if that would have worked.

• Members

The best thing about Barbara is that like Beau any time Y&R needs her she's willing to return (despite never should've having left).

There's really no excuse why Maria hasn't asked her to return (if Latham could she can).

Especially given all the current drama & her extensive ties to almost every character on canvas.

It would've.

Terry had chemistry with everyone.

• Members

Thinking back to Cassandra/Paul/George I see similarities to the original Brock/Julia/Victor storyline and wonder if Bill Bell decided to do that story again and carry it furtheer than the original.

Remember that Eric Braeden was supposed to be killed off (as George was).so perhaps Brock would have been accused.

However,Bell changed his mind about Victor,so the story was changed.

Brock was dropped. I wonder why?How did that happen in the storyline? Perhaps Bell didn't like the lack of chemistry between Beau Kayzer and Meg Bennett.It seemed like Brock was being set up for a major romance for the first time.

Julia was shifted to a romance with Michael Scott,who was originally slated to connect with Lorie.

The move to an hour was a rocky time for the show.

• Members

Hey Deedee this is gonna sound like a random question, but do you think Scott and Jill would have been a good pairing? I know they probably rarely had any scenes together, except in like group parties, but i could see potential chemistry between Barton and Jess. At the same time i picture Scott being one of the few men who would not tolerate her bitchiness, and set her straight. That's why it kind of bothered me that they started a flirtation with Ryan and Jill, because Ryan just seemed like he went along with some of Jill's behavior.

• Members

Scott/Jill (like Ryan/Jill) would've looked pretty paired together but wouldn't have worked from a personality POV.

Scott was way too sweet (in a good way) for a woman as strong Jill.

Jill works best with men who are as strong, ambitious & bold as she is like Jack, Bobby, Ji Min, & Larry.

• Members

That's very true actually, Scott was always such a nice guy and though it would have been hot to see, he looked like he would have been too good for Jill. It all boils down to what we discussed earlier by Scott not interacting with that many people (which he probably did, its just hard to determine when their is no clips to prove it.) and someone new like Ryan comes in, and within a few years starts having scenes with and starts a flirtation with someone like Jill (which again is only because he worked at Newman or Jabot).

Do you think Ryan/Lauren would have worked. I don't know why but i could see them hooking up romantically. Scott (Reeves) and Tracey look like they would have smokin hot chemistry too. I would have preferred Bill did a story of pairing them together in the mid/late 90's insted of sending Lauren to B&B for the next 4 years. Plus it would have maybe pitted her against Nina and Victoria, which would be cool to me since having Tracey have scenes with Tricia and Heather (at the time) seems rare.

Edited by yr9190