Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Another promo. This was, like, the end of Brenda Dickson's Jill, wasn't it? Or close? What was the last day?

Was she like this all the time at the end or was this just a bad take?

The weird bit where she and Jack are tussling - is that where Brenda said she was in pain and was forced to do the scene?

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Mid Summer of 87.

She was like that all the time by that point (the Gloria Swanson of Daytime tv).

She would sweep into scenes (often with different hair color from one scene to the next), spit out her lines (while avoiding eye contact with her co stars) then thrust her boobs at the camera.

• Members

It's pretty blatant, although I guess that is more typical of that era. Brian was so handsome for so long (up to Beggars and Choosers - although he still looks fine now, don't get me wrong), I can see her going a bit gaga in person. Not very professional though, although typical of the 70s magazines. I love them. :lol:

He didn't seem to be on the show long (I don't even know if it was six months). I guess it worked out well for him, but I wonder if Greg might have been around longer if they hadn't recast with Hauser.

It's nice to hear about how helpful Julianna McCarthy was.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

It was very slow.

Originally she was the co lead (with Trish Stewart) but by the time she & Jamie Bauer's rivalry became popular they (along with Brenda) were Y&R's de facto female stars.

Bill loved both characters but once McCook/Bauer were paired & subsquently became extremely popular Janice's Leslie went from competition for Lead Heroine to permanent secondary Heroine until she left.

Edited by DeeeDee

• Members

Janice (like a lot of her co stars) was ready to go.

The sad thing is that even though JLB eventually became more popular Bill still loved writing for both characters.

Mallory (though a solid actress) was never a Lead.

She couldn't recreate the magic nor the synergy Bill had with Janice (nor did Brenda & Jeanne's growing popularity help) & thus was relegated further to secondary stories.

Which in essence wasn't really a bad thing since she & Leslie still had fairly healthy airtime.

Edited by DeeeDee

• Members

I was wondering if you know which actors were most resistant to the show going to an hour? I read something about the cast "fighting" this, and while this wasn't a surprise (I know quite a few left or almost left because of this) I wondered which were most upset and which weren't that bothered.

• Members

John never hurt for work before or after Y&R.

The same thing that happened to Leslie (post Janice) was the same thing that happened to Chris (only more drastic) once Trish left.

Chris was Y&R's original Mary Sue however once Trish left Y&R relegated Chris to T & A (via Lynne) until Trish returned years later.