Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

No.

Jill was not happy about Nikki marrying Greg (neither was Snapper) but Nikki & Jill have always just plain not liked each other.

They have been civil over the years but for the most part Nikki thinks Jill's an annoying hag & Jill thinks Nikki is a vapid bimbo.

They sure were.

Brenda was hella jealous of MTS.

She considered herself Y&R's star & Jill a "misunderstood heroine" which the character hadn't been in years.

It got worse as MTS became Y&R's Lead actresses & half of Y&R's main supercouple.

Everybody loves Jess.

She's one of the few cast members that's universally adored.

Edited by DeeeDee

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Deeede do you remember any scenes at all between Brenda and Melody, I sure don't, which seems odd given the storylines in 1979/1980, especially with Liz getting shot. I know Jill was off doing her thing with Derek and Kay at that time.

I don't even really remember Jill reacting to Nikki and Greg getting married, but that shows how bad my memory is, you seem to remember a lot of small detail. Was it just more a reaction at the time that was never followed up, or was it a constant thing on Jill's part.

Apart from being Chris' bridesmaid at her wedding to Snapper, and the Gwen Sherman story, I don't remember Jill having much to say about Greg and Snapper's lives, but again that is just my bad memory I guess.

• Members

They have been civil over the years but for the most part Nikki thinks Jill's an annoying hag & Jill thinks Nikki is a vapid bimbo

Haha, that made me LOL. They seriously should have been long lost sisters instead of Lauren.... soo many awesome one liners come out of an argument between Nikki amd Jill.

Brenda was hella jealous of MTS.

She considered herself Y&R's star & Jill a "misunderstood heroine" which the character hadn't been in years

Wow... though i always suspected it, thats the first time i have heard about any type of bad blood between Brenda and Melody. But it proves even more that Melody does not know when to shut her mouth, as i think she was more at fault for pushing Brendas buttons. What did Mr. Braeden think of Ms. Dickson?...

Everybody loves Jess.

She's one of the few cast members that's universally adored.

She seems like a sweetheart, despite the whole contract dispute with her last year, though she wasn't at fault there. I hope her and Tracey get along when the cameras are not rolling.

• Members

Bell did step in between Braeden and Bergman there around 1993/1994 didn't he? As I recall from some interview Bell had threatened both of them by saying he was the real diva of the show. I heard Braeden was quite upset with Bell for sometime afterward.

Deeedee what did you think of Jeanne Cooper's crack about "The Young and the Rest of Us" she made about the show in 1996/1997 ish. At the time I'm sure Cooper and some other vets may have felt that way, but nowadays I don't see it much mainly due to Y&R's younger generation being so gutted these days and old man Grambo dominates the show.

• Members

They mainly interacted in group scenes during Brenda's first run & during her second they had a few scenes but nothing particularly significant.

There was (and still is) tension between Braeden & Bergman from Day 1.

The best thing about Nikki & Jill is much like Katherine & Nikki, Katherine & Nina, Jill & Nina, Katherine/Jill/Nina, and/or Katherine & Jill the actors are so good they can basically ad lib whole scenes themselves.

Jess is very sweet & very professional.

Braeden was...amused (but for the most part couldn't be bothered).

Now Jerry Douglas? Is a different story. :lol:

Jeanne is Jeanne. Which is all that really needs to be said. :lol:

• Members

There was (and still is) tension between Braeden & Bergman from Day 1.

Gosh can you imagine just how awkward it is to have scenes with the same person for twenty plus years, and knowing there was once a time you two both tried to kill each other.... and not on the show.... I generally wonder what a typical Y&R co-star of Eric's can talk to him about before the cameras start shooting?.....

Braeden was...amused (but for the most part couldn't be bothered).

Sounds just like Eric :rolleyes: and i take that Jerry did not get on with Brenda huh? On a side note Jerry has stated his favorite Jill Was Deborah Adair...

How did Eric and Terry get along Deedee?.... hopefully better than him and Peter ever did.

• Members

The marriage between Nikki and Greg set up a Jill/Nikki dislike although it was not played heavily onscreen,Then you had Jack get involved with Nikki, Nikki's friendship with Katherine and they both were interested in Jed Saunders,as well as Jill's fling with Victor-so basically a whole pile of stuff that would set them as antagonists,not that it was ever addressed directly.

Back in the Foster/Brooks days the siblings pretty much stayed in their own story spheres with little interaction-you didn't have chatty catch up scenes where Les might talk to Chris about Ron Becker etc.I think only Stuart and Liz moved in and out of the various stories to provide advice etc.

I remember John Conboy's quote about La Dickson...'you could talk about professionalism with Brenda- that and 50 cents would get you a bus across town'

• Members

I didn't even know that CBS was still promoting Secret Storm at that point. The promo for Y&R is so generic - people you've love and people you'll hate? Who were the people to hate then? Sally?

I had forgotten they did a primetime episode in 1993. I know they had the 1995 one that had bare-assed Brad and Jack (haven't seen it just read about it), then they had what, one or two, in 1997-1998. I wish they hadn't stopped those. Then again it's probably for the best considering what became of the show.

I've heard that Rawlins story went on forever and ever. I just remember the end.

I've never heard of Hollywood's Talking.

• Members

Yes the Rawlins story did drag and there was a sense that Bill Bell changed plans along the way. Cassandra was written all over the place.She ended up getting run over after the seduction of Brad story as it seems bill didn't know where to go with her. Nina was such a beauty that he obviously tried to keep her around.

I think it was Ed Scott who said the primetime specials were difficult to do in terms of having to write towards a specific episode and taping requirements etc.

• Members

The three primetime episodes I remember the most are of one that aired in '95 which I don't remember much about beside Blade/Rick and Ashley getting trapped in room and the ceiling fan falling on them. The second one I remember is Victor's shooting in '96 and the one they did in 1998 for Y&R's 25th anniversary which had Neil and Dru having make-up sex and more infamously Victor's birthday party. It actually aired a couple weeks before March 26th just as Sarah/Veronica went berserk on Josh and Nikki. I think Scott(or was it Shaughnessy?) said the last primetime episode they did around 1999/2000 or so neither brought in new primetime viewers and regular Y&R viewers either.

Cassandra was a beautiful and mysterious woman for sure. I hadn't posted these ads but I will just because I know some people will just scream at them:

yr871101-2.jpg

yr880821.jpg

yr880221r.jpg