Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I was reading a Digest from late 1989 about celebrities appearing on soaps. They mentioned that Aretha Franklin had wanted to be on Y&R. Bill Bell wanted her to play a mother in a 1986 story about runaway teens, but she said she wanted to be in a story with Nikki and Victor and have fun. Bell then says that you can see why it didn't happen.

I think she would have been a lot of fun in a story with Victor and Nikki. I'm sorry he didn't go for it :(

• Members

I've also read her say that she's a big fan of Stephanie on B&B. Yeah, she (like Carol Burnett) wanted to do something diva-like. Carol went along with Agnes' idea, but they could (and should) have indulged Aretha if she was interested. A bird in the hand... I wonder if they've approached her recently. Here you have a living legend, the Queen of Soul more than willing to do something but they'd rather dig up bodies from the TGIF graveyard.

• Members

Hey Carl, do you by any chance have the November 19, 1991 issue of Soap Opera weekly? because if you do, can you post the article about a Walk, Run and Roll fundraiser in Santa Monica California? The people from Y&R that attended that event were Kimberlin, Kristoff and Scott (Reeves), and i really want to see the pictures in that article to see if their is an actual picture of those 3 posing together, cause thats and interesting threesome.

• Members

Okay, Thanks hope you find it. Actually while i'm thinking about it, do you know if you have any old magazines that have Kimberlin Brown and Scott Reeves posing for a pic together? I just really think that would be kind of cool to see a Sheila/Ryan pic because its so hard to imagine them having any interaction.

• Members

Yeah i have a lot of old SOD's myself, but i have never scanned them on here before, I would like to learn though because there is a lot of interesting early 90's Y&R articles to post that people would like to see.

I really hope you or someone else finds old articles/pics of Kimberlin and Scott. soap mags are usually famous for having unlikely duos pose together so anything is possible.

• Members

Well Rauch did have Cassie and Olivia in a mud fight.

Apparently MTS was about five months pregnant when Nikki began stripping so I don't know if she would have done mud wrestling anyway, although I can picture a double or something.

Were there ever any scenes of a pregnant Nikki going back to the strip club and asking if people remembered her? I've heard about those.