Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

This is from a Daily TV Serials from around July 1975 (Lamplight Enterprises, Inc). There's a page with some cast photos, and then the other page has a summary - at first I thought it was all of 1975 but now I guess it's part of 1975? If anyone knows for sure, let me know.

11-29-2010043113PM.jpg

11-29-2010043113PM2.jpg

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't think I've ever seen WGE smile like that, he's always seemed like Michael Easton before Michael Easton.

"Another un-young resident of Genoa City..." :lol:

I'm trying not to be bothered by the e at the end of Kay's name. For those of you who were around, what exactly did "paid companion" Jill do? How desperate and sad, I would be so embarrassed to put out such a job listing. Did they just like watch TV together, go to the mall together?

• Members

Thanks for all this CarlD2. The synopsis is from 1974 with maybe a little bit of the beginning of 1975 thrown in. Brenda also had that famous picture of her in the bathing suit which I am sure sold well with the men back in the day.

Edited by supes81

• Members

I only remember because Leslie and Brad got married at the start of 1975 at the same time I almost did. But that is another story. Also Robert Clary and Lee Crawford both left the show in 1974.

One thing I can never remember is when Jeanne Cooper started airing on Y&R. Everywhere it states Nov 1973, but I am sure she came on after Christmas, it could be my memory playing tricks with me. Does anyone know the month she actually started or have the synopsis of the month Kay was first seen.

• Members

That's a good question, I've always wondered that myself.

Were Leslie and Brad a big couple the way that some of the later LLLL combinations were, or do you think they didn't get as much attention? It's always hard for me to gauge what fan reaction was to some of the couples then, like Chris/Snapper.

• Members

Jon-Michael Reed listed his solid gold memories of the year. He praised Janice Lynde, "Daytime Ophelia", very impressed with the work in her breakdown, saying that her scenes in the mental hospital were as frighteningly chilling as any he'd ever seen. He also praised one particular scene in January with Jeanne Cooper where Katherine sat at her dressing table, shaking while trying to control her drinking, and she had an extended monologue about her happy younger years and the bitter woman she had become. She then crawled to her bedside phone, gasping with hopeful resolve. He also praised Jaime Lyn Bauer for how much she had grown as an actress over the year, calling it one of the most astonishing transformations of the year, and praising the writers for the material they had given her. Lastly he praised the gentle breeze of love from William Gray Espy and Trish Stewart.

• Members

Brad and Leslie were definitely much loved. I don't think they were a super couple, though that term wasn't really around. I absolutely loved Leslie and Brad. Both Tom and Janice were very popular, although you have to remember Y&R wasn't that popular in its first couple of years. I remember a lot of positive articles about the cast, which is one reason I think so many of them left. But I was the only person in my circle of friends who watched Y&R in 1974 (I didn't see the first year) a couple of them started watching around 75/76 at my insistence and many not until the early 80's.

I should correct I started watching in the first year, but not until the very end of the year, around Nov or Dec, which is why I am sure Kay was not in the show at that point.

Edited by supes81

• Members

One of the Digests I have from around this time has photos of Janice and Tom as they were filming their pilots. When I find it I'll post that.

You've probably already seen it but when I watched some of the Time Tunnel episodes, the last disc had the pilot he was in - Time Travellers.