• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks!  I do think it is Jun 26th. Episode description:

Episode 3635 (45 min.)

Phillip's birthday party is held at Kay Chancellor's home. To his astonishment, there is no argument between Kay and his mother. Meanwhile, Nikki realizes that Victor still loves Ashley. She seeks revenge ... (Text: Premiere)

• Members

Added to the vault from archive.org's September 11th archives. They pick up from the 9/10/11 classic that was previously posted, because the rest of that week, of course, was preempted by news.

9/17/01 (second half)

9/18/01 (I didn't even try to edit it, since there are short news interruptions several times, but it's a good majority of the episode)

• Members

I am catching up on the classic episodes aired this year and currently in 2006. We're JT and AL's Colleen well received? I am liking the vibe between them but I know he is soon with Victoria (I am so not feeling AH) and she gets caught up with Korbel. 

I do like JT and Colleen much better than what I saw between he and Brittany and both Macs so seems like wasted potential to me. 

Also-does anyone think Brittany could have taken Amber Moore's place in Daniel and Lily's later drama? I love Amber but seeing Brittany I wonder if more could have been done with her. 

• Members

I believe they were well received, I loved AL's Colleen and still hate that they killed her and Brad off. Colleen had so many story possibilites including her getting with Lauren's son Scotty. That would have given Traci and Lauren reasons to still interact whether they were friendly or not concerning their children. If Scotty cheated on Colleen Traci could say well the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. What could have been.....

• Members

Wow! I never thought of a Colleen and Scotty pairing with the natural Traci and Lauren aftershocks. Ahhh. What could have been. Weren't Colleen and Scotty close in age too? Would have been awesome to see a JT/Colleen/Scotty triangle and a great way to have kept the momentum of the 2000s era teens going considering MAB killed the YOUNG in Young and Restless. 

• Members

I kinda felt Kay Alden started the process of tanking the next generation by killing Mac and Billy. JT and Britney never did it for me as younger lead characters and they were loosely connected to the overall cast. 

To the original poster, I do think Jolleen should have been the endgame couple. I think the writers overestimated the appetite for a Mac/JT pairing because they saw Thad as the new “it” guy within the teen scene after Jolleen was successful and thought the fans who were watching during the height of Mac and Billy’s  story would root for him as a replacement for their girl. It didn’t happen and barely anyone cared.  Britney and JT did make sense because in 2000 JT did want Britney. I think the writers should have put them together once Raul left instead of having Britney with Bobby and JT with Mac before eventually reuniting Jolleen. 

I kinda blame it on poor recasting and too many regime changes at HW and EP. They also attached too many younger characters like Lily and Billy to people like Victoria and Cane for years. Speaking of SORAS, JT’s Billy is too old. 

Edited by Soap-princess

• Members

If anyone wants to go into greater detail on what the next generation could have been, I would love to read. I know we had Lily, Billy, Mac, Nate, Scotty, Colleen, Daniel and then Raul, JT and Brittany added on. Were there any others or missed opportunities?

I know I have said it before but I will never forgive the waste of Ricky Williams and Ana Hamilton. Amazing casting and two of the most stand outs in the past decade. Kyle is soon to be added to that list as I have lost interest in him. I guess the most recent Fen counts too. They had me more interested in the younger characters in 2019 than the vets.