Y&R: Old Articles

Thank you @YRfan23!! Always a hero, hopefully this gets saved quick too.

What is the story behind Larry & Linda Larkin? I’ve seen their names mentioned fleetingly in the past, were they suppose to become major characters? 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Recaps from that week. Kind of bummed we didn't get anything of Erica Hope's Nikki or 50-year-old Kay thinking about having a baby, hah.

THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS: Week of June 26 - June 30, 1978

(12:00pm - 30 minutes - CBS)

Leslie decided to resume her concert career after Lance told her he wanted to give his marriage to Lorie another try.  Nikki made a play for Snapper who was advising her but Casey assumed he was leading Nikki astray.  Larry informed Linda that if she splits, the kids can’t go with her.

26th- 30th June, 1978
(Monday 3rd July – Toledo Blade)
Before Leslie can tell Lance she’s carrying his child, Lance tells her he plans to go back to Lorie.  Jill calls her ex-fiancee David (who was the recipient of her father’s corneas just after he died) to try to rekindle romance but learns he has a new woman in his life.  Kay continues to woo Derek with kindness and gifts but realizes the way to keep him is by having his child.

Apparently a lot of long running channels with ABC soaps and ATWT and GL are now being shut down too....what the $&&! Is going on?!?! 

Edited by YRfan23

It's more than likely that production companies have people watching these boards so they can find out where content is and take it down. With so much binge watching during this pandemic the production companies are going to be really on the lookout for uploads.

8 minutes ago, ReddFoxx said:

It's more than likely that production companies have people watching these boards so they can find out where content is and take it down. With so much binge watching during this pandemic the production companies are going to be really on the lookout for uploads.

Lol one example being as being a schoolteacher myself I know our school district definitely pays Disney licensing fees  to show anything Disney in class unauthorized(if caught lol) can result in a bit of a hefty fine. I think Disney finally backed off schools a bit right before Covid when the CEO intervened in one case, but I’ve heard of movie companies going after assisted living & nursing home facilities too for showing movies without licensing fees. 

My problem with the soaps is their is no outlet for them at all. Same with a lot of shows...I mean LA Law’s all 8 seasons finally showed up on Amazon Prime yet such a legacy show was completely absent during the DVD era. Yikes

51 minutes ago, yrfan1983 said:

Omg I missed it 😭 did anyone have a chance to grab it for the Vault?

I just went to upload it, and I'm getting a message that the site has reached its maximum storage limit. @ChickenNuggetz92 help!

I just clicked on the YouTube link again and it says it is private, not removed for copyright. A lot of commenters were warning them, so I think the uploader did it proactively. I hope they will be generous enough to share it on archive or elsewhere. Their contact info is here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt2UipISexd0yg9VoNrxDhQ/about 

1 hour ago, YRfan23 said:

Apparently a lot of long running channels with ABC soaps and ATWT and GL are now being shut down too....what the $&&! Is going on?!?! 

Yikes, now I'm panicked and made all my ATWT and GL stuff unlisted.

2 hours ago, BoldRestless said:

I just went to upload it, and I'm getting a message that the site has reached its maximum storage limit. @ChickenNuggetz92 help!

Oof, I was worried something like this would happen! Let me investigate. Worst case scenario is I have to migrate everything to a new vault but I've been keeping an active backup. It might take me a few days - hang tight everyone!

Update: As it turns out, the storage on the vault has been reduced from 5TB to 1TB. One of the joys of purchasing OneDrive Business Accounts through eBay is dealing with kinks like this. Let me purchase another one, and I will migrate everything there. It'll take some time to migrate the data as I'm limited to my own internet speed (thankfully I have fiber internet).

Edited by ChickenNuggetz92
10 hours ago, yrfan1983 said:

Omg I missed it 😭 did anyone have a chance to grab it for the Vault?

+1 

did anyone save it and could provide a wetransfer link or else to those poor souls who are anxious to see this episode like me and yrfan1983!?