Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Recaps from that week. Kind of bummed we didn't get anything of Erica Hope's Nikki or 50-year-old Kay thinking about having a baby, hah.

THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS: Week of June 26 - June 30, 1978

(12:00pm - 30 minutes - CBS)

Leslie decided to resume her concert career after Lance told her he wanted to give his marriage to Lorie another try.  Nikki made a play for Snapper who was advising her but Casey assumed he was leading Nikki astray.  Larry informed Linda that if she splits, the kids can’t go with her.

26th- 30th June, 1978
(Monday 3rd July – Toledo Blade)
Before Leslie can tell Lance she’s carrying his child, Lance tells her he plans to go back to Lorie.  Jill calls her ex-fiancee David (who was the recipient of her father’s corneas just after he died) to try to rekindle romance but learns he has a new woman in his life.  Kay continues to woo Derek with kindness and gifts but realizes the way to keep him is by having his child.

• Members

Lol one example being as being a schoolteacher myself I know our school district definitely pays Disney licensing fees  to show anything Disney in class unauthorized(if caught lol) can result in a bit of a hefty fine. I think Disney finally backed off schools a bit right before Covid when the CEO intervened in one case, but I’ve heard of movie companies going after assisted living & nursing home facilities too for showing movies without licensing fees. 

My problem with the soaps is their is no outlet for them at all. Same with a lot of shows...I mean LA Law’s all 8 seasons finally showed up on Amazon Prime yet such a legacy show was completely absent during the DVD era. Yikes