Ryan's Hope Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

victoria foxton @DRW50 @safe @Sean @applcin @Vee @beebs @robbwolff @vetsoapfan @amybrickwallace @jam6242 @DeliaIrisFan @AbcNbc247 @John @dc11786 @Paul Raven @danfling @Toups  @Errol   @janea4old @FrenchFan@KMan101 @Soapsuds @Faulkner @Chris 2 @~bl~

the book's cover is here:

Please register in order to view this content

The official cover of Tom Lisanti's upcoming book from Kensington Publishers available for pre-order in February.

• Members

Thanks, Slick. While those words scream soap opera -- they are not exactly the first words I would think of to describe this unique,  down to earth, daytime drama.  The words were ,maybe, chosen  to catch the attention  of soap opera fans in general-- and beyond just Ryan's Hope -- which has a loyal but smaller fan base -- and probably limited sales potential.

Looking forward to the book.

Edited by safe

• Members

Thanks for the tag.  I don't disagree about the word cloud, although I cannot deny that I associate the cliches in the upper and lower right corners more so with RH than with any other soap, for better or worse: Delia's "blindness" being the better, and Terry the Tumor being somewhat worse.

I'm so glad Helen Gallagher and Michael Levin are still with us and up for it; I have no doubt sure we'll get an earful from them both, and I am here for it.  Catherine Hicks was always my favorite Faith by a mile, and I don't know that she's spoken about RH in decades.  I'm not sure Judith Chapman has, either, and I'm curious what she'll remember/say on the record about the original plans for her character/family and how that changed.

And, of course, it's always a pleasure always to hear from the others—the keepers of the flame, as it were.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm so sad this is one of the soaps stuck in the Disney vault because I'd love to see those years we didn't get to see on SOAPnet. It's crazy how I watched those episodes twice and know so little about those later years. I'd love a chance to get to properly see all the other Frank's, Siobhan's, Robin Mattson as Delia, etc. I've seen them in single episodes of course, but not continuously.