• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Sorry if this was already posted. I missed it if it was in the political thread or in any of the other soap operas he was on threads...Richard Backus (Barry) ran for the New Hampshire House this past election--

https://indepthnh.org/2022/10/26/from-hollywood-to-holy-weird-from-broadway-to-oddway-actor-writer-and-nh-icon-richard-dick-backus-takes-his-shot-at-public-office/

Results

https://www.redding.com/elections/results/race/2022-11-08-state_house-NH-31911/

• Members

Awww

As long as we're on the subject, I must concede my brain always goes to RH for a split second when I'm reminded there is now a congressman from NY (state) named Pat(rick) Ryan, who mounted a hard-fought campaign, and then had to do it all again three months later.  It would make complete sense that the fictional Pat Ryan would have run for elected office in recent years (as a political outsider with scientist creds).  And I can only imagine big brother Frank would be pissed at him for stealing his thunder, while simultaneously being the biggest threat to Pat's campaign because of his political baggage.

• Members

I was feeling nostalgic recently and ordered a used CD of Soap Opera's Greatest Love/Wedding ??? (I don't remember which one in the series it was.  I immediately downloaded it to iTunes, which thinks it's the Fifty Shades of Gray soundtrack, and I can't even find the physical CD now).  One of the songs was called Dreams Today, which was apparently Joe and Siobhan's love theme.

Does anyone remember this song, or when/for which Joe and Siobhan it was used?  The composer credited was Earl Rose, who apparently joined RH in 1981 and stayed until the end.  It was an instrumental piece, that didn't sound at all familiar to me. 

My best guess is this music was used for Marg and Roscoe during the 1982 SoapNet --> YouTube black hole (like I said, the song was instrumental, but based on the lore about SoapNet having to stop at '82 because of music rights, I was half expecting a full-on '80s power ballad).  Unless Walt Wiley and Carrell Myers had a love theme?

PS: If the record producer was going to include a Joe and Siobhan love theme, my vote would have been for Tichina Arnold covering Send in the Clowns.

Please register in order to view this content

Or, one of Carey Gold's compositions from the show's peak.

Edited by DeliaIrisFan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Jack was such a real character - funny, stern, warm, cold, tough, vulnerable. The softness under the bluster, with those Jack cared about, is what I will remember most fondly. Even as RH began to spin out of control around 1979-1981, I still never stopped caring about Jack the way I did some others. Michael brought all of his heart to the role. A truly unique character in a genre that increasingly became divided between generic heroes and "sexy" rapists.

I will never forget how much the chemistry between Michael Levin and Sarah Felder blew me away - so raw, so exquisite that it almost hurt to watch. Jack and Siobhan will always, always be one of my "what might have been" pairings.

• Members

I finally found this one again - the fight between Siobhan and Jack at the end of this (with Mary slowly realizing what has been happening between her husband and sister) is one of my favorite soap scenes.

Edited by DRW50