Days: October 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A lot of these stories would be a lot better if the breakdowns were not so down right stupid.

Bo has his triumph break out!!

...and then isnt shown again for a week and  a half.

Much like Kate sad about Wills death...and then returning to work in the same episode. 

• Members

I loved me some Bo Brady but I really don't care about this storyline. At least there's some movement and Steve and Bo are now in the same room. Neither guy ages.

Finally Doug and Julie! I loved Doug bringing up Aiden's dead first wife. LOL. And then WELCOME BACK SHAWN DOUGLAS! I loved Hope practically in tears at seeing him. It was a nice reunion. Can't wait to see his reaction to Aiden. I just loved how Doug and Julie were beaming at the sight of him.

Dammit. I really liked Gabi and JJ. I could get behind them but I can't take JJ seriously as a cop right now. Boy has way too much anger and is way too quick to get himself into danger. So of course that makes him a PERFECT fit for the Salem PD! Ugh. Roman. Go back into hiding.

Why is Jennifer now a dayplayer? Not that  I'm really complaining after her overexposure and destruction while with Daniel but she has nothing to do but wring her hands over her kids. I'd say they were offing her because she's getting no airtime. But they aren't, I guess, so what's the plan for her? I really liked the JJ/Abigail scenes too.

Ugh. Ben is a disgusting human being. All giddy and gleeful that the father of one of his murder victims will give him all that cash. Yuck. And I really really really don't give a [!@#$%^&*] about Eduardo or Rafe's problems with him. This daddy story is a few years past due and past me caring. Put A. Martinez with Lauren Koslow and then maybe I'll start to care.

I know Eric and Nicole dominated for a long time, but why are Greg and Arianne so sidelined? And same for Lauren Koslow? They need to get back to making more appearances. The balance is starting to remind me of Ron's GH where you don't see things for weeks on end.

Good episode today.

• Members

are Rafe and Eduardo going to have the same conversation everyday? Im already over it 

Gabi's a ho. So she's really going to screw her way through the Horton family?

BTW, Guy Wilson took a selfie to show you all what you are missing

tumblr_nwnpnmpd021s7p4s3o1_540.jpg

I hate that they are de facto aging JJ. He looks too young to be a cop and like Will, they are skipping the college years to give him a career and saddle him with a kid. Not feeling it but I guess they want to bump him up to the next age group to keep him seperate from the new teens

They really should test Jennifer with Justin or better yet, had saved Aiden for her. It would be interesting to see some strife between either her and Adrienne or Hope

• Members

I think Aiden would have been better for Jennifer. Justin could be interesting I guess.

I'm not feeling the JJ thing at all either. But I could like him and Gabi. We'll see. I also wouldn't care if Gabi was written back out tomorrow, either.

• Members

I think there's a master plan behind all this retooling and killing; it isn't really to save Days because I believe the network is done after the current cycle.  I think Corday will be launching his first web soap after Days is cancelled and I think it will revolve around the teens and JJ/Gabi etc.  I think they are repositioning Justin/Adrienne, Kayla/Steve to be the tentpole vets who will bookend the web soap.  I

That's why I think they don' t care if a vocal portion of the audience is pissed about the way they handled Will's death or killing off Sami's son.  They can age other of her children for the web soap.  Maybe Sweeney will direct and/or write the show. 

• Members

Looking for ratings but since they have been delayed found myself in this thread so I decide to join the discussion and weigh in on the hot topics.

Hot topic #1  Bo's return - I think Peter is doing great at a physical/solo performance. These types of performances are schedule friendly  Peter could come in amd tape on a schedule independent from the other cast for awhile.  I think that this story arc has been way too long and is getting boring. Because of that I think Bo's return will not be that impactful.  

Hot topic #2 Steve's return - I'm just not feeling it.  It's like he just wandered back - no biggy!  Not feeling the Joey storyline either.  And Kayla is so irritating!  Come on writers - you're losing us on this one.  Kick it up a notch! 

Hot topic #3 John is still searching for his identity?  Really Writers?  Pick ONE already and stop the search!  And John stop with the whispering! 

Hot topic #4 Father Eric - I got nothing - this character is just not script worthy.  He should have been a victim of the necktie killer because the writers don't know what to do with this character and he is BORING.

Hot topic #5 Daniel and Nicole - They wasted money on the song for that awful pub dance number.  Cringe worthy!  This couple does not work on any level.  Zero chemistry. 

Hot topic #5 Caroline and Victor - I like this storyline Arc.  Peggy is doing a wonderful job!  I feel bad for Victor's current wife. Yes Victor you are married to MAGGIE! remember her? 

Hot topic #6 Clyde - man so sorry to see James leave!  He is a really gifted actor.  Way too good for Days!  Hated Clyde but I think we were suppose to hate creepy Clyde.  Job well done James! 

Hot topic #7 Ben - finally this character comes to life.  Great job by Rob - he's killing it! lol

Hot topic #8 Abby's hair - don't love it but I don't think it deserves hate threads.  No lie I have seen threads started just to hate on Abby's hair? There are plenty of other things to hate about Abby - her hair is the least of them. 

Hot topic #9 Gaby's return!  - not a Gaby fan - but I think CB is doing amazing this time around!  Thumbs up!

Hot topic #10 Rafe - finally Rafe is shining and Galen is doing some amazing work.  

Hot topic # 11 - Eddy - hate the goatee - bugs the hell out of me! 

Hot topic #12 Sami's easter egg hunt.  - I don't believe for a second that Ali demanded this to be in the script or she would not come back.  I get she is on record for hating the Will's murder storyline but I think the bit about her demands is simply a false interpretation of what she said.  Is she happy that a new ending is in the works for Ejami - yes! Did she demand it?  I don't think so.  I do think that this all could have waited until her second appearance in November.  I do think AS gave a great performance.

Hot topic #12 Will's murder.  MY TWO CENTS.  No way no how was this done because the writers are anti-gay and want to get rid of the gays.  I put the blame on Freddie leaving and Ali leaving and that Guy was not that strong of an actor in this role.  I think the writers just decided they did not need Will anymore since Sami was gone and Sonny was gone. Truly they are just going in a different direction.  My guess is we will see gay characters come to Salem soon.  NO CONSPIRACY here! 

Hot topic # 13 Emmy worthy - I have NOT seen any Emmy worthy stuff so far - it had potential but I have not seen it yet.  I know there are those who think Rob is doing a great job and he is but not emmy worthy yet.  I know many fall all over Flynn's acting abilities but personally he has not wowed me yet.  It could happen.  BD performance has been raved about BUT REALLY?. This is the one time where Lucas can be a man and he is whimpering like a girl. Lucas should show emotion but either go big or stay home. Break down, break stuff, DRINK!  Going around whimpering and over the top whimpering is so not emmy material. Was BD even able to muster up some real tears? Freddie's performance IMO was lacking too.  Again Go big or stay home., IMO I think Freddy phoned in his performance.

Hot Topic #14 The return of Andre - want to like it but no quite there yet,  Sort of lack luster IMO.

Hot Topic #15 Hope and Aiden - I think this twist is rather interesting.  Not quite sure if DC is selling it but it is soapy!

• Members

Caught up on the few episodes I missed this week and I'm sorry but these stories aren't going to endear me to keep watching till the anniversary episode. Only highlight of this past week was Doug and Julie. Everything else was meh. I so wish that they would've centered the pending anniversary around Doug and Julie. They should've brought back Denise Alexander as Susan and revealed that Aiden was her son, and she manipulated him to pursuing Hope. That would've been more interesting than Hope/Aiden's current story. At least it would've been a nod to DAYS history. 

And I too don't care about Bo being captured and held hostage. I just don't. I would've been more interested if they simply just had Bo return and explain that he left Salem simply because he was tired of the same-ole-same in Salem. DAYS doesn't have the budget to do a big story featuring Bo and Patch and some grand adventure. 

Archived