Days: October 2015 Discussion thread

• Members

I've waited until after Will's funeral to comment. This is going to be lengthy guys. It will be lengthy because I've been watching the show since 1996 and as a 27 year old gay man who has been watching for 19 years Will Horton  has always been my favorite character (even well before Will's coming out). The reason Will has always been my favorite is because of his traditional place of legacy on the show. In my opinion, he is the most legacy character in the entire history of Days. The great-grandson of Tom and Alice, and Shawn and Caroline. Grandson of Roman and Marlena, Bill and Kate. Son  of Lucas and Sami. There is hardly anyone in the history of Days who can't somehow be tied or connected to Will Horton. 

Having paid my respects to the character  I will say that the death scenes and aftermath/funeral have been played out well (though not perfect). But I have peace with the scenes we've seen and the tribute the show has paid to this amazing character. I'll start with the death scenes- those scenes were probably the hardest scenes for me to watch in my 19 years of viewing . They were very well done- but extremely graphic and difficult for me on a personal level. I give huge acting props to the entire cast but if I had to pick one actor that I feel completely knocked it out of the oral it would be Bryan Dattilo. His initial scenes with Hope touched my heart like no other. AliSweeney  also rocked it. At first I didn't receive Sami's reaction well- her being numb and not violent angry. However after seeing the entire week I approve of that direction initially- To Sami, Will was her perfection. More than she loved EJ, or Lucas, or Rafe, or even herself- she loved her firstborn son more. Therefore I can accept her initial numbness as Sami's reaction- and my favorite scene of the week was Sami finally breaking down in the floor at Will's apartment. Bravo Ali Sweeney. 

I wish we could have seen Kate's reaction on screen but LK did amazing with he material given. I also think it's insane that we didn't see Roman until the funeral and there was little to no reaction from him. I respect the character of roman in the history of the show- but it's so sad that the character is nothing more than a placeholder now. Also amazing acting from RSW, GV, Drake, Dee, KA, and EM. I wish Abby had more scenes to mourn as she and Will have always been close and grew up together. The funeral was well done but honestly the characters who were missing were a glaring omission and his death should have been the entire focus of the funeral episode. The fact that Maggie (who has watched Will grow up since birth) and Victor, Justin, Adrienne, Brady, Doug, and Julie (who all could have feasibly been there) were not is very half-assed of the show. Also I just want to point of that the show likes to pretend that Ben is somehow Will's best friend ( I understand it creates for dramatic effect) but T is the character who was on our screens from 2009-2015 and he literally was there for THREE different actor's portrayals of Will Horton. Could they not have brought Brenden  back for one final episode at the funeral?! Also Carrie  and Austin who halfway raised Will couldn't even be mentioned?!? It's little things like that which make me so angry with the way some things are handled! 

Like I said, overall it has been well done. I think that killing off a legacy character for short term shock value will come back to bite the show in the aaa down the road and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if a couple writing regimen's later we don't have a "Will is alive" story ... But for now I've made peace with the fact that he's gone. sure Guy did not do a great job in the role- but I will always preach that it would have been soooo Much easier to recast the role and have him lead story the way that a young Horton man should on Days of our Lives, but they've definitely pulled at the heart strings and I'll still tune in tomorrow. Thank you Will Horton for being a constant on this show for me for my entire duration. 

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Killing Chad would eliminate him, but it would also make Abigail sad about his death -- and she might even be determined to make sure Chad's killer were caught. By framing Chad for murder, Ben ruins his reputation and gets him tossed behind bars for life (in theory). So I do get it from that POV. And most of this has been pretty spontaneous on Ben's part. It wasn't like he planned Serena's murder for weeks. He sort of just took advantage of a situation in front of him and ran with it.

• Members

I guess I find it all a very plot driven soap opera cliché. It makes him seem dumb and yet he must be smart for getting away with the murders. It all just makes me roll my eyes. Not to mention this confession in the police station. I know the Salem PD is always dumb AF, but come on.

• Members

yeah he wants to destroy Chad in Abby's eyes. People tend to canonize dead people. He would be living in Chad's shadow if he died while Abby was still in love with him

Nope. I hope that comes out, but not sure if it will with Clyde being shipped off. Is he gone like Xander?

• Members

thanks. What a lame ass exit, for someone they were hyping as the next big villian. They really should have done something dramatic with him.

I have to say that Rob Wilson did an AMAZING job today. He was so great as Ben

Aiden bullsh-t...no comment

• Members

Rob Wilson has come a long way. The best thing to happen to Ben was him becoming a pyschopathic serial killer. James Read was fantastic as well. Good scenes. I didn't care for either under Tomsell and as soon as Higriff started the writing for Clyde was on-point and I immediately began loving him. Sorry to see him go but this at least leaves it open for a return.

Love seeing the full Brady Pub again. :wub:

LOL at Rafe being Daniel's best man and LMAO at Hope and Abby discussing their 'perfect' men as one considers murdering her and the other is a serial killer. Just LMAO all around today.

Thaao Penghlis is amazing. He was so good today. Andre is being written pretty perfectly for me. So enjoying his return to the show.

Archived