Days: October 2015 Discussion thread

• Members

Thaao apparently said in an interview that retconning Andre into Stefano's son allows for a "Cain and Abel" type of story with Chad

A more flattering picture would've been better.

I didn't notice Brady either, I liked that JJ, Joey and Jennifer were there. Still wish there were some mentions.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Saw today's show live. Cringing at horrible soundtrack during memorial. Thumbs up to LK and AS. Major thumbs down to BD - absolutely cringeworthy- from the speech to him slumping down in chair. It was so OTT and awkward - I was surprised. 

Peggy what a trooper! I really enjoyed her scenes. 

Still the show is miles better in this era. First time I've made it through an entire episode on more than a year.  And I plan on tuning in more frequently. 

• Members

That picture had me laughing. Considering the majority of GW' s facial expressions, I guess they went with one of the least offensive.

I may be wrong, but where were Justin, Adrienne, Vic Magge, Julie, Doug...Rather than showing killer Ben 30 times, shots of these people would have been nice...

Smith at the end...he did a good job. And, Kate/Sami, through all the animosity over the years, broke me  today.  Excellent.

Marble mouth popping Andre...Priceless!!!!

• Members

I would have loved to have seen some flashbacks, of Sami/Lucas battling it out over Will, Kate/Sami feud, perhaps some scenes of Marlena/Sami discussing Will. 

Other than that and the glaring absences, I found the episode captivating and I love Andre confronting everyone at the pub. I can always tolerate JT's Roman when he goes up against Andre. 

Kate/Sami's embrace was the highlight for me; absolute tearjerker. 

• Members

I've liked recent episodes, but today's show of Will's funeral was a disappointment for me. There should have been way more people at his funeral. I thought Will's funeral would show how meaningful Will's place in Salem. He had connections with almost everyone. Why not have everyone attend his funeral. I think it would have been a real moment if we saw Victor tear up at the funeral. I was also disappointed that Austin and Carrie weren't there or at least mentioned that they couldn't come because of whatever. I think the funeral would have been better if more of Salem had attended.

I wonder if Days is trying to keep costs down. Not sure how having everyone at Will's funeral would break the bank for Days. But I guess it's one consideration.

• Members

The funeral didn't work for me because Guy Wilson.

Even if everyone in Salem attended the funeral, I wouldn't have felt much. Guy Wilson was so awful in the role that I didn't care at all that the Will was killed, and I don't feel any character's sadness. That's why it's a joke to say this death leads to so much future story.

This is all a waste if sadness and tears. BD could have spared us the histrionics, and they could have saved AS's salary. At least Freddie Smith was a little better than his usual boring self -- probably because he didn't have to act in a scene with Guy Wilson.

• Members

I think the actors delivered and that it was a good showcase for their characters, but I also felt there was something lacking because Guy was so terrible in the part. His Will never blended well with the other characters, it was just like he was going through the motions and nothing ever clicked.

• Members

When Tony first came to Salem in 1981 he thought he was Stefano's son. Then he fell in love with Renee, Stefano told them they were brother and sister so they stayed away from each other. Later when Tony's mother Daphne was ill, she told Tony that Stefano wasn't his father, but Enrico, the gardener that she had slept with. This meant Tony and Renee could be together. The night they finally made love, Renee was murdered by Andre (the Salem Slasher), but that's a different storyline.

When Tony returned to Salem in 1993, he had some throwaway line about how that crazed woman made it up about Stefano not being his father.

In 2007, when it was revealed that Tony had been on an Island since 1985 and it had been Andre we had seen since 1993, they also went back to Tony being Enrico's son.

2. Justin has never met Tony or Andre so maybe he didn't know who he was. Then again he did say your father when talking about Stefano. I think it was a mistake by the edior and scrip writer because Thaao shot those scenes with Joe almost a month after he first returned. The scenes we saw at the Brady Pub today were shot before those with Andre and Stefano a few weeks ago.

• Members

I admit that I expected more from the confrontation at the pub per TP's interview. Still...it was good. However, it also made it clear that there should have been more people at the funeral.

Kate/Sami hugging was the highlight for me as well. Though I loved Roman punching Andre.

And Sonny at the end was heartbreaking.

And yes, I jumped when Jennifer was at the pub. I didn't even notice her at the funeral.

• Members

thanks. Even if Justin had never met Tony or Andre, I feel like he should have known he he was, being that he's a Kiriakis and now D.A. Plus he was EJ's lawyer and had alot of files/info about the Dimeras. It just doesnt seem reasonable that he'd be completely clueles

• Members

I've seen soaps do great funerals for characters played by terrible actors. Part of it may be that Will was never a good character (Massey never had any chemistry with anyone either), but it's also that DAYS doesn't do well at this now. Even Alice's goodbye episodes and memorial, which went to greater lengths than the other soaps would have by that point, wasn't quite there.

Archived