Days: October 2015 Discussion thread

• Members

KMan Will had tons of story left and If Guy was that bad then Days could have recasted the role. Im sorry i dont know if its Corday or Dena but there seems to be underling homophobia when the show says it wants to get back to the 80s and do that again, meaning no gay story. Yes Paul is still there but will he have romances or just be a talk to??? Time will tell.

As for recapturing its heyday, I doubt it will long term. GH didnt when it brought back all the faves. It got boring and repetitive and I see the same happening here at DOOL.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When the only main gay character is brutally murdered at a time when any other gay characters have left or barely appear, then it's going to get noticed, especially if Guy Wilson really did say that he asked why Will was being killed off and was told DAYS was "going back to what worked in the past." And Will being connected to the entire canvas means nothing if it's not actually explored (which it hasn't been, as skipping over Kate's reaction shows), so I don't think that was the reason they did it.

You don't have to be Fred Phelps to decide that gay characters have to go in order to somehow "save" your show. It's happened again and again on soaps and on TV. 

• Members

I think the show was a little lazy. This feel this wouldn't have happened if CM hadn't left. It may not have happened if Freddie hadn't left. They didn't want to bother recasting both of them though. Even though I like GV a lot, I would have much rather they kill off Eric or even Brady.

• Members

Exactly.  Had GW not been utterly terrible in the role, and Smith still been on canvas, I think Will might not be dead right now. They can always recast Sonny in a few months(Had they recast at this time, flashbacks would have had to be re-worked.) and start up with Paul, who may already have a story by then. We have no idea whether or not Christopher Sean won't be seen much.  Right now the serial killer is the primary story, so we should just be a little patient. Once this story has run it's course, then maybe we can bitch about Paul's story, or lack thereof. I'll miss Will/Marlena, Will/Kate, and even Will/Sonny, but we'll see what happens.

• Members

Sonny broke my heart today

This is the best she has ever looked. She really looks great and Im glad they finally got a good handle on her hair\

The EJ reveal happened too soon. I was hoping Sami would grieve for Will for a bit more and have that come at least until after the funeral. Now her head is going to be in a completely different place and Im not sure this is the direction they should have gone in.

I dont like Mumbles as Roman but his grandson has been dead for a week and they couldnt put him on screen for that? Sami needed both her parents

Archived