Days: October 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Ben and Chad's fight was really well done.   And it looked like they didn't use stunt doubles, or at least used them that much.  Kudos to Noel Maxam, Billy Flynn, and RSW the intense and graphic fight scene.  There was one shot that I really liked, it was before they got into the fight, the camera on Ben was just a bit titled.  I'm so glad Noel Maxam is back.

• Members

The fight was really well done. Ben destroyed Chad and I cringed as Ben started slamming Chad's head into the bed frame. Ugh. So awful to watch but so well done.

I've been hard on him, but Robert Scott Wilson has stepped up tremendously. Really good.

I liked the ending with the shots of Abby staring at Chad through the window at the hospital and then the close up of Sami's face.

I have to say Sami is leaving me cold as hell. I know we'll get emotion but ehhh. I don't think having Sami like this when death happens is the right move for her as a character. I'd rather they have focused on Lucas. LOL. Meanwhile, Bryan remained fantastic today as Lucas couldn't hold it together. I wanted more from the morgue scene. I don't know, I think it's all about Sami and she's just leaving me cold.

I really love that the show feels like a community again. Characters pop up in episodes (hi, Kayla!), they all interact with each other, more than two people can be in a scene, more sets ... sigh. I'm happy.

Even though it wasn't a focus yesterday, I'm not loving the Steve/Kayla story. Joey's vanished and Steve is waaaaaay too Bo focused. I know he needs to be and I'm glad he knows the video was probably to throw him off, but Kayla's going through the crisis with her mother and I don't think Steve ever asks how she is. IDK. A few things are bothering me about it.

Oh, for Monday's episode, Freddie Smith left me cold as well as he reacted to the death. Not truly awful but not great. I hope to get something better out of him later. And I know how Victor told Sonny was in character but I didn't love it. I know they're saving Justin/Adrienne for when Sonny's home but poor Sonny getting such a cold delivery about his husband's murder.

And are we ever going to see Kate's reaction? I'd rather have had her than Sami. LOL

• Members

Bryan is still killing it as Lucas remains a sobbing mess. Finally though we get Kate. Nice scenes. Love these two.

Anne! I guess she's sticking around as she and Theresa seemed to have made up.

I hate the new writers for making Daniel and Nicole together likable to me. Ugh. Daniel has been so much better under these writers and it's not just because he's only on every few weeks (which is wonderful on it's own).

Nice to have Marlena with her children. Brady, Eric and Marlena are all waiting for Sami to crumble.

Lower key episode but still a good episode.

Amazing performances by everyone especially Alison Sweeney and Bryan Dattilo. The show is so enmeshed in darkness there's no balance. Thank god Ann and Theresa are buddies in crime again. I hope Ben doesn't kill Anne she's a great minor character that works so well with Theresa. I am loving the group scenes and interactions between people. I wonder who the next murder victim will be? The residents of Salem have a serial killer killing friends and family yet no one has any fear. Never been the biggest fan of Daniel but not looking forward to seeing him bite the dust as well. 

• Members

I hate that Kate found out offscreen. I also hate that they didnt even focus on her grieving and had her back to working in the same episode.

Nicole's hair looked worse than usual

Im glad Teresa made up with Anne. Loved their friendship. She is really coming into her own as a likeable character. LMAO at her calling Ben and Abby's wedding, the wedding of the year

I didnt expect to see Sami breakdown so soon. I thought it would be at or after the funeral

• Members

Having Kate get the news offscreen was a terrible and inexplicable choice. If they were going to make the mistake of killing of Will, they should have played every single nuance of this story for all it was worth.

I'm also glad that Anne and Theresa are back to being friends. She needs to work over at Basic Black.

Archived