Days: October 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's a lot about the show that works or could work. Killing Will doesn't and never will. And knowing Corday and Higley, when this fanfare is over and many of these vets are gone it will be back to cheap-looking [!@#$%^&*] and the Adventures of Rafe Hernandez.

• Members

Cassadine1991, you did bring up a valid point. Where is Austin and Carrie? They should've been brought back for this arc seeing as Will played a pivotal part in their history. There are just too many gaps and beats skipped for this story to be all the way successful. 

No lies told. But I won't be around to watch Rafe be the leading man again. I tuned out midway the first time it occurred. He works better as a supporting character.

• Members

I think Rafe is boring, gross and supremely obnoxious. So of course, Dena's always adored him. I'm out when the anniversary stuff is, or before that depending on how things turn.

Who directed and wrote yesterday's episode with the fight sequence? It's one of the best and most brutal I've seen on daytime in a very long time, both in cutting, blocking and pacing, and some of the spontaneous dialogue.

It's just a shame so much of this talent or new quality is on display at a show which has no long-standing commitment to quality. I believe a number of PP/AMC 2.0 personnel are currently there as well - Rob Wilson, Sal Stowers and KDP, yes, but also Sonia Blangiardo, right? I'm just glad more people can appreciate ol' Rob now. He always had this edge to his performance as Pete which reminded me, physically and performance-wise, of James Mitchell - a suave, charming guy but with an arrogance, and a sort of frightening imperiousness below it when he was angered. This serial killer role, of course, takes that into overdrive.

• Members

*HUGS* Oh, Lucas. BD has just been selling that more the last two days for me than the original reveal.

Boo on Kate finding out onscreen. I still KL (same with BD) is doing a good job with the sadness undercutting every action she does however (like with Theresa trying to get into the meeting when Kate basically told her today ain't the day).

I don't think I have ever seen Marlena, Sami, Eric, and Brady in the same room together. Wow. And is it wrong that I found GV all kinds of hot?

Love all the Marlena/Sami stuff. And good for Sami finally breaking down. Go, AS!!!

More low key, but loved it. It was a nice interlude to the rest of the week.

Still hoping this is not the end of Eric/Nicole the new writers were hinting at.

And yay!!! More Anne!!!!

• Members

I like Rob Wilson too. I just wish that they wouldn't've stuck him in a dud role like Ben. He would've been perfect as Andrew Donovan. Especially with Teresa being on the canvas. Minus him being a serial killer and a club owner, the template they used for Ben could've easily been used for Andrew (i.e. him being paired with Abby and him serving as a rival for Chad). 

• Members

No one's ignoring that he was only written as gay for his last few years on the show. The reason people aren't talking about it is because he was a child or a teenager for most of those years, with stories that were not about him. It's not like Bo Brady came back married to a man. Unless we should talk about the material where he dated Gabi, or rehash Lucas and Sami and EJ and Rafe squabbles that were driven into the ground 5 years ago, there isn't much else to discuss with him. I guess we could watch "Chill" fanvids? I don't know. 

There's a reason why DAYS made Will gay, rather than bringing in some random waiter from Tuscany who was a fourth cousin to the Hortons, and saying, "Oh he's gay." They wanted attention and awards and ratings for making the son of central characters gay. And now they want attention and ratings for killing him off and going back to what matters - lots and lots of men loving ladies and ladies loving men, just in case anyone ever got the wrong idea about what the show is supposed to be.  

• Members

I really think many of you are way too focused on why Will was killed off. It's not some anti-gay agenda. I just don't think that was it at all. Guy Wilson sucked, they saw an opportunity with Will being connected to nearly the entire canvas, and took it. I don't think there was as much thought as ya'll are putting into it.

I don't think we needed Eve and Eduardo today. Guess Kate and Nicole and Eric put in their cameos and now we wait weeks again to see them.

Archived