Days: October 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was an issue I had when they tried to make him and Stefano brothers unless of course Stefano didn't know which I don't think he did. However the fact that Lexie was kept as a psycho killer in underground tunnels for six months(what happened to Tek? Remember Tek?) is pretty damaging for both Stefano and Andre. 

• Members

On the one hand, saying John has been Roman all along would explain a few things.  It would explain why post-1991 Roman is such a drip compared to how he was for most of the '80's.  It would explain why all of John's back stories contained more questions than answers.  And it would explain why Marlena always felt drawn to John even after Roman (or "Roman") was found and returned to Salem.  But, OTOH, if John were truly Roman, then who the eff is Roman (besides someone who shares a resemblance to Chris Kositchek)?  And I'd be fine with exploring that -- but only if Wayne Northrop were allowed to return before the story began, with Taylor reprising Chris after a month or so break from the show.

IIRC, Andre was also behind the raven feather killings, which is why I don't understand why they keep bringing him back and he keeps avoiding prosecution for his crimes (which, unless I am wrong, bear no statute of limitations).  Same goes for Stefano.  Father and son (for now) are just allowed to wreak havoc in Salem without really paying for their crimes and it just makes DAYS look even more like a joke.

• Members

I don't agree that family is everything to Stefano. He has done awful things to most of his family members.

When they made Stefano and John half-brothers, Stefano didn't know. That retcon was the worst of all when it comes to John and his past. All of a sudden he was only a few years younger than Stefano and Shawn Sr.

About Lexie in the tunnel. When Lexie and Tek were rammed off the road, it was strongly hinted that EJ was behind it and that he knew about Lexie's whereabouts, because he held it over Celeste's head to force her to help him. Then when Andre got out of prison and Lexie was found in the tunnel it was rewritten so Andre got the blame (despite being in prison), Stefano was furious at him. The minute Andre and Stefano came back in 2007, EJ went from being the main baddie to all of a sudden being a victim of Stefano, and Sami's hero against Andre.

In 2012 it was rewritten again, with Stefano being behind Andre putting Lexie in the tunnel.

• Members

Agreed about John's past. If this is IT, then fine. It's beyond time to wrap up his past.

I loved seeing Bo be more like himself today and not tortured and miserable. Steve just isn't doing it for me but he and Bo are entertaining together.

I initially loved Shawn's reaction to Aiden. Kristian did well as Hope. I didn't like how they all emotionally guilted and browbeat Shawn into accepting Aiden. I personally think Hope's trying to hard to prove she's moved on. JMO. I also can't stand they've made Aiden so slimy. I do adore Andre and Stefano forcing him to kill Hope though. Very DAYS and soapy. I just hate the destruction, but at the same time, both Aiden and Ben have benefited IMMENSELY by the writer swap. And I'm so happy Thaao is back. Andre has been wonderful.

So it looks like it's late at night yet Kayla and Julie are plotting Hope's bachelorette party? LOL. Come on. It was like midnight out. It's like the Reilly never ending days are here again.

Loved Kayla/Joey. About time they had more time together. And I can't gush about MBE enough. I never forgot how great she is but it's nice she's been able to remind us again. MBE/Kayla is the perfect heroine for this show to focus on. I love Hope and Jennifer and Adrienne but Kayla/MBE just fits the bill for me.

I also liked Abe's inclusion. Still too little of Lani but at least they aren't shoving her down our throats. And it was nice to get a break from Rafe today, even if I really like him a lot more than I ever used to. LOL at Abe just helping himself to her computer. At least he has something to do.

• Members

Nah, she's nowhere near as tragic as True O'Brien was, but I won't lie, O'Brien won me over and she did really well when given actual material. I like Stowers but she was never given all THAT  much to do on AMC. She rocked some emotional scenes but she wasn't given a ton of dialogue. I didn't understand the overpraise for her or Wilson, who has improved by leaps and bounds. A charming personality and good looks really do only take you so far.

Archived