DAYS: April Discussion Thread

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now, I'm not saying Lisa Rinna is on par with the likes of Beverlee McKinsey, Susan Flannery or even Susan Lucci. However, she does have much in common with Susan Seaforth Hayes, whose Julie was practically "the face of DAYS" throughout the '70's. DAYS would be wise to exploit that and exploit Arianne Zucker if they're serious about rebuilding the show this time. Between those two actresses (not to mention, Suzanne Rogers and Lauren Koslow), they actually have something.

• Members

I've never been a big fan of Rinna, but I caught a few of her scenes yesterday and she was quite charming. Neither have I thought much of Datillo, but I think he's been excellent in scenes with Sami since his return. I'm not necessarily saying these characters have a place in Salem, but they're more appealing to me than Daniel, Rafe, EJ, Brady, Madison, Abby, Gabi or Roman -- only one of whom is out the door as far as we know now.

• Members

That's true and it's why AZ has stood out all these years. You can throw her in a scene anywhere and it has instant energy without the hysterics of an Alison Sweeney or even yes James Scott, both who can be way over the top a lot. I think keeping Nicole in the EJ vortex of doom is definitely played out and it's a shame because she can definitely work with just about anyone. OT would have been interesting to see her interact with Matt Ashford.

• Members

She's had her run of overexposure under Higley. Shes just not overpowering and tends to not be off-putting on screen like AS and JS can be at times. It's got nothing to do with disliking AS or JS I just find both of them are scene chewers at times and it can become a turnoff. The thing I feel AZ is missing is having the IT factor. She's a very complete actress but theres that extra something that actresses like Lucci Sweeney even James Scott have that she doesn't possess. It's than intangible you cant put your finger on.

• Members

I love Nicole and EJ. The actors have such great chemistry with each other. With that said, they probably shouldnt have made her pregnant and should have tried to move her away from him. I really wanted them to try her with Jack (whom I used to hate, but the writing has been so much better in recent months with him acting like less of a buffoon). He needs to move from Jen and she needs to move from EJ. I think they could been a good pair had they at least tried to test them for a bit. Throw in Billie and you could have had an unexpected but potentially fun and original triangle

• Members

IA in actually think the actors are great together and I actually loved them in 2008 together. They were very flirty and sparkly then. But they are just 2 characters that to me work so much better as frenemies than a sappy pairing like they've done the past couple of years with them. They are a lot like Luke and Alexis on GH for me. I simply adore the actors and characters interacting and their relationship but I'd never want them paired up. Even in the days before Luke was such a slug. I was hoping for some Jack Nicole interaction but it wasn't meant to happen I guess.

• Members

Rinna has won me over this time around, too. She has a fun spark. Not the best acting on Earth, but... enh. Charisma goes a long way. And I'm so relieved that Billie hasn't just been thrust between Bope again.

I do agree with the comment about bringing people back for specific arcs rather than slapping them on-contract and being forced to use them heavily in story for years on end. They could probably use Melissa Reeves like that -- ship her and Jack off to someplace fairly accessible, have her pop in every month or two, keep her around for an arc that lasts three weeks here and there and for the holidays, etc.

Archived