DAYS: April Discussion Thread

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nicole isn't in a vacuum like Sonny is, so it leads to the thought that Sonny exists solely to be Will's CareBear rather then as his own justified character. Noah on ATWT was written much of the same way, outside of his fake marriage and film hobby that became a career.

What's the purpose of him being back again? Rafe and Lucas are accomplishing similar roles and it's short changing both of them in terms of purpose.

I think that's hilarious by the way. Is EJ supposed to be in love with her again? Usually when he exerts some kind of control over Samantha that means he loves her/is obsessed with her again. I'm not even excited for the triangle, polygon, whatever it's going to be. Rafe/Nicole/EJ/Sami/Lucas is going to be a hot mess.

Yeah they completely dropped the ball with Wafe. Will idolized him to the point of parody so to have him not have any interaction with Rafe makes no sense. He also seems to hate Sami just cause, ya kow' and that makes no real sense either. You raised a good point where is Will's indignation over Rafe cheating with not one but two women? Doesn't that disrupt his family too? I guess it doesn't matter because he's raining men over at EJ's and Sonny's? He's got a new car so he doesn't care anymore? Got his own apartment so he doesn't need to be bothered with anyone else but Marlena now? Will's character is all over the board.

Lucas is a real pessimist. I remember that day dream he had of Allie being an alcoholic and the girl was barely a day old.

• Members

I dont think Nicole is a character at all. her only characterization is being a pathetic victim. Ari is just amazing tho.

Sonny may not exist outside of Will, but at least the show has shown Will is not his life (just the side we see). he has this coffee shop now and is doing his own thing. Id love to see more of it.

Yup. I dont get his return for anything other than will coming out.

When is EJ not obsessed with her? Sometimes its more active than others, yes, but i feel thats been the one constant in his character over the years.

• Members

I disagree. Nicole may have had a scene or moment here or there, by lucky likely, but overall its all in reaction to ej and in need of his approval. he was to blame in large part for the death of her mother, he slept with her sister, and shes just like its ok, i love you. its beyond pathetic.i was liking her going back to him simply for the power of being the mayor wife, but that was dropped in favor of her needing his love, again. shes at her best with brady, who also is at a total loss and seems utterly pointless.

• Members

I forgot to mention but as usual lately, Rinna and Billie were awesome yesterday. She has the perfect blend of spunk, comedic timing and charisma. I just love watching her on my screen. I hope she isnt a casualty of the upcoming changes

Speaking of EJ, yesterday he was acting all sad at the election revelations and was dissapointed bc he genuinely wanted to be mayor to set an example for his children, make a good name for his family and do good. Huh? Thats what they originally said when the story started but we ended up finding out that was just smoke and that he wanted mayor bc of his ego, the power and a cover to go after John. Why are they backpeddling and acting like his motives have always been and still are noble?

• Members

I wish I cared about Billie but I don't . I guess I'm just tired of people coming back because they are a name not because their place on canvas serves a purpose. I think if she was returning for just this arc I'd be happier but I honestly can say I don't care about the ISA anymore or her staying around permanently. I kind of feel that way about Lucas and John also.

Obviously we are back to Stefano being behind everything bad including the election stuff. I don't like the idea of Nicole and EJ playing victim at all. I think these 2 characters considering they are both treated as leads suffer.from some of the worst characterization on the show. I don't enjoy watching either of them as victims.

• Members

I actually feel like Billie has more of a place than most of the returns and others on the canvas. There is this ISA storyline that i feel will play into a few unresolved plots. There is the CW angle they used to usher her in. And there is more, but its spoiler stuff. I think she is being used like Marlena is, actually. And i was worried it would be a rushed triangle, so glad its not.

Lucas should only be back for wills coming out. period. and John should have stayed dead back in 2008. He is worse than pointless, he ruins Marlena who is fab without him.

• Members

Lucas has been an afterthought in Will's story so far.

I don't care all that much about any of the main Sami/EJ/Rafe/Nicole/etc. grouping (I do have a soft spot for Nicole), but I think Sweeney and Datillo have worked well together this time around. He also works so well with Lauren Koslow. I wouldn't want to see "Lumi", because I mostly remember their relationship being a lot of crying and yelling, but I like the actors together.

• Members

That's just it. She can stay for this arc and leave. I'm not sure about the CW story because I really don't see it on screen much maybe that changes.

I guess my point is why not bring actors back for specific story arcs vs on contract. Fans would probably be happy with that because your not totally cutting them loose.

• Members

You know I like Lucas but I almost feel he's outgrown the show or the character of Sami. I actually think he's AS's best acting partner, they are very natural and effortless together I just watch them and it's like been there done that. I almost feel they should have spread him around canvas, even tried him with Madison and worked him into that story or even Nicole.

Archived