DAYS: April Discussion Thread

• Members

I guess I would have involved Lucas (or Rafe, whatever relationship he is supposed to have with Will) since the initial idea was that EJ knew about Will and was fine with him, and this gave Will some type of freedom. How would that contrast to a negative reaction from Lucas? Sami could have the same reaction, but since she is living in EJ's furnished apartment, there isn't as much contrast.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I will very much agree with the Rafe sentiment. It's another sense of Marlene/Darrell not following through on stories. Too much was built up of Will thinking Rafe was perfect and being made a fool of by Sami. And yet, not a single scene has happened where Will has called out Rafe for kissing Carrie or having this baby with Nicole. And fans can make as many justifications as they want, but Rafe was used as a piece of Will's story and there needs to be follow-up on it, otherwise it's cheap and manipulative and bad writing.

Will hasn't had any scenes with Rafe post-Sami breakup and it's irritating. Just as it was irritating that Will never had any scenes with Kate about his sexuality prior to that coffee house scene and who knows when we will again, it only seemed to occur to highlight Lucas' viewpoint and to have something for Kate to argue with Marlena about to throw her in bed with Ian.

I haven't hated M/D like some people, there's a lot I've enjoyed. But storylines where characters do something just to service a plot point and then they're not followed up on upset me a lot as a writer myself. Case in point, Jack and Austin have a bonding scene and being mentioned as a professor at Salem U. It never WENT anywhere and the argument Jack had with Austin when the "sex" with Abby came out never referenced any of this. Which means that Austin/Jack scene was only to service Daniel's mopiness back at the Pub and was completely forgotten about afterwards.

• Members

With Will being gay, and EJ seemingly knowing - remember we still dont know if he knows, they left it open to either way - and not caring and kind of helping Will out i think it was just a way to show EJ isnt pure evil and felt for the kid. I do think that that aspect was far to vague, but im not sure could they play it up to make it more obvious, if that was what it was.

With Lucas, it would seem his reaction is more of concern for what others might think, say, or do to Will for being gay. And i think thats a good position to come from. I would assume Sami's will be her usualy, selfish, this is my fault lets make it all about me style, as she should because thats how Will knew she would react.

Marlena and Kate have had great reactions, very in character. Sonny too, and Justin from afar for little he has been used.

I am interested to see the brady family, and rafe react. And if EJ knew or not.

The biggest flaw in this story was not using Abby, Austin and Carrie.

• Members

I completely agree.

While i do think for Will any bad doing on Rafes part would be excused because he hates Sami so much at this point, its a point that needs to be played. And as i mentioned, acting as if Carrie and Austin dont have this strong bond with WIll was redic. In fact, Carrie should reveal she has suspected Will was gay for some time but never mentioned it to Sami as a way to propel more issues between them. And Austin has always been the strongest parent figure in Will's life, and its like they dont know eachother. Abby they made clear had kept in touch with Will and Sonny both all this time, yet where are they in echothers stores? These are the aspects that stop the show from working.

• Members

I don't understand this Stefano and Kate story. He went out of his way to disappear for weeks, not answer her calls and leave proof for her to find that he was obsessed with Marlena just so he could test her? If he didn't do these things she would have passed the test with flying colors.

• Members

That's why this younger scene isn't working. Melanie warning Abby every other day does not a storyline make. Nothing about Abby's obsession was woven into the canvas, it was just dropped in. Like every storyline.

This is SO insane. It's not like he tested her by going on a damn vacation. He literally abandoned her, made her think he was off doing whatever, ignored her for weeks and let her think he was stalking Marlena! What the hell else was he supposed to do?

• Members

Yup. the disconnect between the younger grouping with eachother and others is very jarring. This younger set is easily woven into the fabric of the older stories and have natural, realistic relationships. Im nut sure what the issue is.

And as for Stefano, I think this is very him and i think hoping into bed with Ian is very kate. Its all plot, but i like it. And i LOVE what he does in response.

I think thats an interesting aspect, not at all supported by the writing sadly, but almost all motivations and changes are left up to us to determine. I really lik this, actually. EJ provides structure to his chaotic life.

• Members

I think the writing does support it, but you just have to look. I like that everything isn't always a character narrating their every thought in a monologue. Sami, Lucas and Marlena have all told Will to quit and he stands up to them and says no. He has insisted to anyone who will listen he likes his job. When EJ calls he comes running with a huge smile on his face. EJ sometimes will exercise his position of dominance and wrap his arm around Will's shoulder or neck in a buddy/buddy "we're pals but I am the boss" kind of way that only the person who is dominant would do (your boss would do it to you, but you wouldn't do it to your boss), and Will doesn't recoil or say "don't touch me". He is fine with it. They're perfect for each other for the time being.

• Members

Damn it! EJ and Sami are so good but he and Nicole suck me back in. These 3 are the BEST romantic trio in daytime. I only wish there was some great writing to back them up but the acting and the chemistry between them sell it for me.

Rafe is so irrelevant. He isnt needed and is the weak link of this group

LOL.....its great that Hope and John are finally leaving Alamainia but I just rememebred...did they ever even get their divorce? I completely forgot thats why they even went there in the first place. How funy would it be for them to make it back to Salem and go "oh sh-t! We forgot all about that divorce thing"

Gabby is CRAZY

days0411121.jpg

Stefano's minion is HOT

• Members

That's my main complaint, as a very casual viewer, with the show now. There feels such a disconnect between stories and characters and I can't quite place why. So many scenes that could be key, or interactions, take place off screen. If we just hear about Will going to parties or clubs, for one easy example, it doesn't really add to the show much.

Archived